Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byNiLoni on 07/03/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I use this as soldering helper and it does the trick for holding the boards as third hand. Cons:It's hard to get something small sticking it because of the slippery coating on the clamps. If you sand the painting it works way better. It's very small so don't e... Read more

0 0
  • posted byexofx on 06/14/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It's great to hold small objects while soldering. There is no damage to the objects since the jaws are not knurled. Cons:only fits the thinnest of tables (the 'maximum opening diameter 35mm' spec on the website is wrong: total opening is only 30mm, and deducting... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysiky01 on 06/09/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Excellent range of motion grips good onto pcbs and the like without scratching them and opens up to accomodate a wide variety of tables Cons:opened the box and the pivot ball fell right off the desk clamp and theres no stop to keep the vises jaw from being over-loosened... Read more

0 0
  • posted byZusidal on 01/20/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Has mostly used it when I've soldered, but also sometimes when I drilled hole in small things and tings like that and it looks likes its not used. A small and lightweight vise that fits everyone involved in working on small things, soldering, gluing, cutting, drilling a... Read more

2 0
  • posted bybiloleva on 06/21/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:For its price it is the best. I use it sometimes when soldering something or making bijou with cooper wire and some rocks. The build quality is not so bad. It is very usefull if you need something like that. Cons:It twists and slides a little on the table, but... Read more

3 0
  • posted byramonkill on 05/23/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:The product is tough enough for small works. It is very useful for electronic, carving, jewelry, etc... It is smooth hence the frail objects won't break easily. If you use the product for works DIY I recommend you the buy. Cons:The main and most important con is that yo... Read more

3 0
  • posted byiamalx on 04/10/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- The cheapest metal wise I'm aware of - It holds PCBs more reliable than specialized holders like sku-21651 - I've just bought it randomly and now can't imagine myself soldering without this tool Cons:- The build quality is not so good, but still acceptable -... Read more

2 0
  • posted bylauzon83 on 03/29/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Excellent for miniature project, for soldering, grinding, cutting... I use it with my dremel for my miniatures. It's strong and small enough to carry it with my tools. Cons:Paint job / moulding could be better. Otherwise, I don't thing you could get better for t... Read more

2 0
  • posted byLuovahulluus on 03/13/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Seems quite solid. Cons:- Casting quality is not very good. - You need to have a really thin table to attach this vise onto. My table is too thick. - The half-ball which should come into contact with underside of the table does not rotate. This makes the vise harder to... Read more

3 1
  • posted bymbvillela on 03/11/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:The price and the size are perfect! A very cheap tool and a very small one. Perfect for small things that does not require too much forces to do the work. Cons:This is a very, very simple vise. Not for users with great expectations because it is a small and not... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections