DX » Community » Reviews » Polarized Glare-Guard TAC Alloy Frame Sunglasses with UV400 UV Protection
  • 5 star 14 ( 93% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very nice glasses with a solid case

posted by MerkurMan on 04/05/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Very nice, comfortable glasses that are properly polarized with nice optics, and have an actual anti-reflective coating on the INSIDE of the lenses! I haven't seen this on any of my DX sunglasses so far, and it makes the glasses look more upmarket. I haven't tested whether it actually works, yet. ;)
    The hard case is very nice, and the microfibre cloth that comes with them is decently thick and soft. Much nicer than the flimsy black soft case and tissue paper-thin cloth that usually comes with these Hong Lang glasses. Seems like they have updated their lineup recently.
    Spring hinges, rubber nosepads, comfortable plastic arm covers that don't look like they'll fall off in a week. And, as always, you can scratch off the lens logo with your fingernail in about 5sec. ;)

Cons:

Nothing stands out to me right off the bat. This may change as I wear them more, but first impressions are good. I maybe would have liked the springiness in the hinges to be stronger, as they don't fit super tight around my head, but I guess that can be said of almost all spring hinges.
    When you fold the arms closed, they touch the inside of the lens, which will probably wear through the anti-reflective coating over time. However, I slightly bent the frame between the lenses to tighten them up, and they now rest on the edges of the frames.
    The branding on the case is a little ugly, but that's personal preference.

OtherThoughts:

I've bought a few pairs of Hong Lang glasses in the past, and they all came in an ugly hologram-covered box with a cheap, flimsy black soft case and a very thin, rough cleaning cloth. It seems that Hong Lang have updated their product line, and these glases came in a classy-looking box with minimal branding, a very nice hard case with a soft lining and a useful cleaning cloth. When I ordered these last year, the design was a little different, with black frames and different arm covers. The current ones have gunmetal frames and full plastic covering on the arms, which looks much more durable. I HIGHLY recommend these glasses! They're worth it for the accessories, and the attractive anti-reflective coating on the inner lenses alone.

Bottomline:

Bottom line? Buy them. You won't be disappointed. I told myself when I ordered these that they would be the last Hong Lang glasses I would purchase, but now I am rethinking this decision. If they continue with the increased quality and added value accessories, I would definitely try some different styles *hint...* in the future.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections