DX » Community » Reviews » Retractable 3.5mm Stereo Earphone (70cm)
  • 5 star 3 ( 38% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 25% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 12% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Compact convenience

posted by GazboSatyr on 04/15/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

When fully extended the length is 71cm (2 feet 4 inches). The retractor is adjustable, you can make it extend part way then lock at that length. When fully extended you can slide the retractor up and down the length of the headphone wire, but you'd probably only do that to correct from having accidently sliding the retractor.

Cons:

The ear buds are a bit too large for my ear, so they are mildly uncomfortable when I put them in, but then for get they are there. The black plastic lining around the ear bud can be removed to make the ear pub slightly smaller, but that exposes the hard plastic to your ear. The plastic also helps keep the mini speaker in the silver ear bud case, so you'll have to hot glue the mini speaker in place. Beware, the glue will plug up air slits on the ear bud case, making the speaker sound more tinny and making the ear bud a tiny bit more like an ear plug.
    While you have hot glue gun out put some on wire coming out of the headphone plug where there wire is sure otherwise metal fatigue.

OtherThoughts:

The sound quality is what you'd expect from an ear bud, no bass. Even more tinny if you glue the mini speakers into the ear bud case.

Bottomline:

If you don't like a tangle wire mess buy this. Having a wire retractor is an obvious extremely useful feature; I'm surprise a retractor on headphone wire's isn't standard. Retractor aside, the rest of the headphones are lowish quality, however, because of the retractor I still say buy this (until some other headphone manufactures wake up and start selling with retractors).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections