DX » Community » Reviews » LED Emitter on Premium Star (228LM at 1A)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bynoqua1223 on 11/11/2013

Bought as replacement of a foulty cree on a diving flashlight (112889) and works like a charm. probably brighter than the original but with same size. soldering was quite easy maybe it is a standard but + and - sighs dont match with red-blue on the flashlight.. probably it is a flashlight problem..? ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted by13557 on 08/15/2013

Nice Q5 emitter that has good build quality and easy to solder to its place. Fits for many purposes and easy to replace for an existing flashlight. Cheap and timesaving solution. Bought multiple of these for my projects. Nothing construction to say does its job. Well done. Fit for many projects buy many ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymjollie on 03/08/2013

These were recommended as an excellent light source to use with my DIY scanner. This has proven to be true; not to difficult to install and provides plenty of light. N/A I attached four of these to an aluminum frame and suspended the frame over the platen. I used an old laptop power supply and a DC driver.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bywinstontan on 02/06/2013

Great super bright LED! The heatsink section is sufficient for my use; I run at about 350 mA at 5V and it just feels a little warm to touch. The price could be a little cheaper then I would consider this an awesome Cree LED I was picking between making my own lighting using a super bright LED like Cree ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byHill01 on 12/27/2012

Comes mounted on aluminum star Easy to wire Very bright Nice white tint Very easy to solder leads to the + and - pads None really, but not as bright as the newer LEDs (XML, XPG, SST-50, etc). Tint is so white it seems almost blue. I bought several of these for my first Cree Mag mod. I used 6 of these ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bystarvapor1 on 12/02/2012

The aluminum star-mount by itself dissipates enough heat to allow continuous operation at about .75 watts and still maintain the junction temperature below 70 deg. C. Watch your eyeballs! LED should be heatsunk if using above 1W (345 ma )for extended opertion. This is my 1st high power LED so I'm including ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byofficejet1 on 10/24/2011

Good light for the planted aquarium Heat I put together the following as a light for my planted aquarium: 48280 1A 30w LEd driver 37514 solder heat sink paste 02394 Cree XR-E Q5 The resulting light is almost too bright (I could have went with 4 lights, not 5 for the 10gal aquarium). The plants are doing ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byJensaH on 09/04/2011

Is preinstalled on star, so it need less skill to install. While just playing with it for short amounts of time it wont overheat. Cheap! Good color and brightness. For DIY:ers. Easy to destroyed if you donä't know what you are doing. Needs quite a bit of cooling Have replaced a few luxeons with this ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byGeekoff1 on 01/24/2011

Very good quality products with a perfect installation of LED on a star to heat. Bright white with a nice shade, when the right move at the correct voltage and current. going to be used with SKU 13557 for highlighting the luggage car. DIY item requires soldering skills - Its a bit tricky to solder. Unknown ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byPolara on 11/23/2010

I ordered two Q5 and two driver SKU.26110 to build my front bike light. To drive it I´m using a 16V-8W dynamo, with rectifier bridge and a 2200uF-33V capacitor. I also ordered SKU.18841, SKU.25232 and SKU.13667. i put the led on a aluminum heat sink because it´s operating on maximum current (1 - 1,2A)... Read more

0 0 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections