DX » Community » Reviews » 5mm UV LED Emitters (20-Pack)
Customer’s impression:
Satisfied Not real UV
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byBader on 10/09/2014

UV diods. Seems nice and shine bright. Don't know the lifespan, bought for future halloween projects.. Read more

Impression:Satisfied;

0 0 0

• posted byleandroh2189 on 09/28/2014

They are bright, and they shine ok, but not in UV. I used them to check bank notes, and they didn't show any UV mark. The color is very similar, but not real UV Read more

Impression:Not real UV;

0 0 0

• posted byArhein89 on 04/09/2014

- Premium Quality Ultra-Violet Emitters - Commonly used in money / watermark detectors, blood and stain detectors - 5mm LED diameter - 20 emitters packed in OEM packaging . Note: cheaper UV emitters can be up to 80% cheaper and are known to have short life span, low effeciency, heat issues, etc. This ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byManoRAW on 02/12/2014

-Bright; -Cheap; -Work voltage 3,2-3,4 V (can be easily used with 3,3v batteries); -Standard (20mA) max current consumption. UV lenght (as all cheap UV emitters) has wavelenght near 410nm. UVA range has 315—400 nm. So it has much more visible blue spectrum. UV wavelength didn't shows any watermarks on ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byxmarcos on 09/08/2012

They are really cheap and all of them work perfect. All have same intensity and and brightness. Good build quality. Could be brighter, and packaging could be better, but none of them are broken so no problem this time. When voltage is not enough they can turn bluish. The specs are not published, so no ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byStewzor on 06/28/2012

They are cheap They work well The luminosity looks constant accross all LEDs They were all alive They could be brighter. I have a UV flashlight I got from somewhere else years ago and the UV LEDs in it are noticably brighter than these LEDs. If you were going to use these for a flashlight or room lighting,... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byMaxiprogmetal on 11/09/2011

-They all come OK -Cheap -Bright -They work as expected -Can be adapted to use as flashlight The light is not UV at all, but it's okey for the price. Remember to use and appropiate source for connecting this led. If you are using a voltage source of 2.3 V or more, i recommend you to use a resistance.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byGoofyal57 on 11/03/2011

Really good at UV properties Used the pig LED (sku 1138) i made a simple UV flashlight Very fun for pretending to be detective or to teach kids about the light spectrum Tested it with teeth, body fluids, t-shirts, and paper Good packaging all LEDs came undamaged The Specifications for these LEDs aren'... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bysteinna on 10/31/2011

- They look professional (as oppose to cheap) - Good value for money - Suitable for smaller applications - Packaging was sufficient (bubble plast wrap), no leds bent here - There is a distinct purple hue that these leds give off. I think this is normal for most cheap UV leds. The lighting is probably ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byalbeld on 08/09/2011

Cheap and functional. Somewhat irregular lighting pattern, so some trial and error is required to make an array which covers a larger area with UV light without dark spots. I used 40 of these to make a UV exposure box for PCBs. Works like a charm, but you'll need to be very careful to make sure you get ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections