DX » Community » Reviews » 5mm IR LED Emitters (20-Pack)
  • 5 star 32 ( 68% )
  • 4 star 11 ( 23% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byadmiralspeedy on 02/21/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:They are extremely cheap in price and they are fairly durable when soldering or if a lot of power is running through them. The pins/legs are actually longer than they show in the image with is nice. Cons:They are quite weak in the amount of IR light they give... Read more

0 0
  • posted byManoRAW on 01/31/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Good illumination for night vision cameras, I used it for miniature spy-cameras great. Also a good choise for checking any money (US dollars, Euro, Rubbles) with modified web-cams. Cons:2 of 20 comes defective. When use it on 20mA led illuminate much visible r... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJule2311 on 06/26/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good for IR night vision and fixing remotes. Night vision will only work with a camera that is set for night vision or if you take apart an old camera and remove the IR filter(research how to do this)Price is much better compared to "normal colors" L... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGoofyal57 on 11/03/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Good for IR night vision and fixing remotes. Used the pig LED (sku 1138) and some i made a simple IR flashlight. Very fun for pretending to be a spy or to teach kids about the light spectrum. Night vision will only work with a camera that is set for night vision... Read more

1 0
  • posted bycrazydrummer03 on 07/18/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:good quality indeed, and price is really great! a 20-pack costs less than 1/5 of the price you can find them here in italy! Cons:a few of them didn't work (I've ordered 60 and some of them didn't, just 4-5 though) and a few emitted too much visible light. (the... Read more

1 0
  • posted byjimboo8 on 06/18/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Price is much better compared to "normal colors" LEDs. These IR are significantly cheaper here on DX than in my local shop. I think they are bright enough, but I don't hava much to compare. A very good quality. I used them to detect a finger touch on... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylukasandrysik on 03/04/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:--> Price is much better compared to "normal colors" LEDs. These IR are significantly cheaper here on DX than in my local shop. -->I think they are bright enough, but I don't hava much to compare. Cons:--> Little visible red light output, but it is normal. To... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFloydian on 03/02/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:They are fine IR leds and very inexpensive, i bought to make a sensor bar for my wiimote and worked like a charm. Bons LEDS infra vermelhos, comprei na intensão de fazer uma sensor bar pro wii e funcionou perfeitamente. Cons:No cons, really. Buy it if you need... Read more

0 0
  • posted byWackerHacker on 01/26/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:The price is much much better then they are locally, if I can find them. I would have to either have to go some 1000km to find a electronics supply store with these puppies at this price or else order them in and pay extra for the shipping. Cons:They come wrap... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytymop on 12/19/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:A very good quality. I used them to detect a finger touch on a polycarbonate board, with a webcam. I put 5 LED on every side of the 20cm*20cm polycarbonate board (every 4cm). It work not so very bad I used one of them to repair a TV controller and it work very... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections