DX » Community » Reviews » 5mm IR LED Emitters (20-Pack)
  • 5 star 37 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 23% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byadmiralspeedy on 02/21/2014

They are extremely cheap in price and they are fairly durable when soldering or if a lot of power is running through them. The pins/legs are actually longer than they show in the image with is nice. They are quite weak in the amount of IR light they give off and they ended up not working for what I intended them for. If I remember correctly, the legs/... Read more

0 0
  • posted byManoRAW on 01/31/2014

Good illumination for night vision cameras, I used it for miniature spy-cameras great. Also a good choise for checking any money (US dollars, Euro, Rubbles) with modified web-cams. 2 of 20 comes defective. When use it on 20mA led illuminate much visible red-light. It's great to use for special "day-night surveillance cams". If you want use ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byVossieNL on 11/02/2013

Used 15 of these IR leds to add 'night vision' to a webcam to help with very low light conditions. Does a great job, better than expected, faces are easily recognizable at about 5 meter. Compared to some low budget color leds these IR leds are of much higher quality. Much cheaper than local supplier! None I could think of, altough I wouldn't mind if ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzarkosmrc on 07/23/2013

Very good leds for any ir applications like ir remotes or nightvision. They are very bright when combined. Very cheap, in electronic shops you would pay 2$ per piece I use them for hunting and the small red glow can confuse and scare the animals but no other cons because they are fairly bright. There could be more quantity packs. The leds run great ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJule2311 on 06/26/2012

Good for IR night vision and fixing remotes. Night vision will only work with a camera that is set for night vision or if you take apart an old camera and remove the IR filter(research how to do this)Price is much better compared to "normal colors" LEDs. These IR are significantly cheaper here on DX than in my local shop. I think they are ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGoofyal57 on 11/03/2011

Good for IR night vision and fixing remotes. Used the pig LED (sku 1138) and some i made a simple IR flashlight. Very fun for pretending to be a spy or to teach kids about the light spectrum. Night vision will only work with a camera that is set for night vision or if you take apart an old camera and remove the IR filter(research how to do this) The ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bycrazydrummer03 on 07/18/2011

good quality indeed, and price is really great! a 20-pack costs less than 1/5 of the price you can find them here in italy! a few of them didn't work (I've ordered 60 and some of them didn't, just 4-5 though) and a few emitted too much visible light. (the dx service replaced them readily, so it was just a matter of time..not a real con) these are great ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byjimboo8 on 06/18/2011

Price is much better compared to "normal colors" LEDs. These IR are significantly cheaper here on DX than in my local shop. I think they are bright enough, but I don't hava much to compare. A very good quality. I used them to detect a finger touch on a polycarbonate board, with a webcam. I put 5 LED on every side of the 20cm*20cm polycarbonate ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylukasandrysik on 03/04/2011

--> Price is much better compared to "normal colors" LEDs. These IR are significantly cheaper here on DX than in my local shop. -->I think they are bright enough, but I don't hava much to compare. --> Little visible red light output, but it is normal. To have just IR it had to be laser. --> Operate good from 15-20mA, higer currents will probably hurt ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFloydian on 03/02/2011

They are fine IR leds and very inexpensive, i bought to make a sensor bar for my wiimote and worked like a charm. Bons LEDS infra vermelhos, comprei na intensão de fazer uma sensor bar pro wii e funcionou perfeitamente. No cons, really. Buy it if you need it. Nenhum contra. Compre se precisa-los. Everything came well packed and every single led working.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections