• 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Turn your flashlight into an area light.

posted by desolder on 10/29/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is a very cool item for turning your flashlight into an area light. It provides 360 degrees of soft illumination. I use it as a camping lantern. You no longer have to carry separate flashlights and lanterns. Just buy this and slip it over your flashlight when you need an area light!

I also bought the 27mm diffuser because I wasn't sure which one would fit my 22-23mm diameter flashlights. It turns out that this one is stepped inside, starting at 23mm, then steps down to 22mm, then 21mm, so it will fit many lights. The 27mm diffuser is NOT stepped, it's fixed at 23mm.

Cons:

I was thinking this would be a little bit elastic so it would expand and grip the flashlight for a snug fit. However, it is completely rigid. It slips on easily, and it also slips off just as easily. You might need to put some tape on your light if you want a snug fit.

OtherThoughts:

Combine this with some colored lenses and it can become a signalling wand.

Bottomline:

This is a MUST HAVE accessory for your flashlight. Most of the time I find that a soft, diffused area light is more useful for day to day tasks than a focused flashlight is. It's well worth the two bucks and change.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections