Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good light, excellent value

posted by lowrider on 09/08/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I was pleasantly surprised by this little flashlight, even though I have other lights that have an Osram Golden Dragon emitter. It's plenty bright but what makes it stand out for me, is its perfectly smooth beam. The hot spot is fairly large and compared to other 14500 lights, it produces a lot of usable, fairly warm light. Throw is adequate. Single mode (might be a pro for some), reverse clicky which seems to work pretty well (based mostly on my experience with the K-106). Came lightly lubed.

Cons:

Heats up quickly on 14500 which is what I use for most of my lights and gets *quite* warm. Battery life less than impressive (didn't do runtime tests using primaries but I usually get less than 40 minutes on freshly charged TF 14500s).

OtherThoughts:

Body is identical to the Akoray K-106, which would be a pro if it wasn't for the flimsy clip (barely a step above a paper clip). I prefer multi-mode lights but, well, that's just that, preference.

Bottomline:

For the money, it's a great deal.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections