DX » Community » Reviews » Digital Camera Lens Cover/Cap with Strap for Nikon (52mm)
  • 5 star 14 ( 74% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 26% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good cap for Nikon 18-55, 50mm 1.8, 55-200, etc.

posted by vwllss on 08/03/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I really only bought this because of the low price so I'd have a spare in my bag. Caps are so easily lost so some day if I'm in a hostile environment and I lose one this will be sitting there on standby :)

* Really can't beat the price.

* It has a strap, and if you don't want it that's easily fixed via scissors :P

* No branding on it is kind of a pro for me, I don't like being a walking billboard.

Cons:

One of the little push-tabs feel slightly softer than the other, so they require unequal amounts of pressure. Really that's nitpicky though, it doesn't affect usage and I never noticed until I specifically checked.

OtherThoughts:

I never really use the strap, it seems like having a cap dangling all over the place would get really annoying. Just cut the strap off and drop the cap in your back pocket.

Bottomline:

I like it as a spare, and lens caps are something you'll probably replace some day.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections