DX » Community » Reviews » USB to RS232 Serial Port Adapter (Transparent Green)
  • 5 star 54 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 22 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 7 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 4 ( 5% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymerinozky on 03/28/2014

I have tested on Windows 7, 8, ubuntu 32, 64, and Lion, I had no problem at all, even in lion using vmware and ubuntu, virtualbox important to tell you that do not have a good response to the connection of external hardware. (lo he probado en en windows 7, 8, ubuntu 32, 64, y Lion, en todos no tuve problema, incluso utilizando vmware en lion y ubuntu,... Read more

0 0
  • -
    posted bymihalicyn on 09/24/2013

- Best price - Compact case - The device and the extension cable are separated, so you can use the extension cable if you need it. - Works on linux (debian testing device will be /dev/ttyUSB0) - New drivers of PL2303 doesn't work with device, perhaps it contains counterfeit microcircuit. (Supplied drivers works on my Windows 7 x64, but conflict with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byserg68 on 07/23/2013

Good, cheap adapter. It is working, it is doing what it should do. convert USB to RS232. Small useful size. Shipped quickly. works fine at 100% i already probe it with windows XP. I recommend. Good, cheap adapter. It is working, it is doing what it should do. convert USB to RS232. Small useful size. Shipped quickly. works fine at 100% i already probe ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bychudgoo on 06/21/2013

As most Mac users who use a lot of serial devices (all three of us), finding a good USB to serial adapter can sometimes be a pain. I've owned numerous ones and have found that the PL2303 chipset works pretty well. This little blue guy works really well with the PL2303 for Mac drivers that are out there and is super cheap. I'm gonna order probably 10... Read more

0 0
  • posted byajroach42 on 06/21/2013

Small, compact, ships with drivers. If you need a bare bones USB->serial adapter it's hard to do better than this. It's cheap too, and can stand up to a bit of abuse. It doesn't have hardware flow control. That makes it difficult to use in a lot of applications. If you don't need hardware flow control this is not an issue. On the whole, a decent ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypksharmaindia on 06/09/2013

in this age of pc's without serial port being a standare, this product serves a very important purpose of making a serial port available to the user for connecting old modems, old keyboards, old mouse and other serial devices to the modern pc in this age of pc's without serial port being a standare, this product serves a very important purpose of making ... Read more

1 1
  • posted byForoLinternas on 03/26/2013

-Excelent price. The same product on other stores can cost more then $15USD. -The converter and the extension cable are separated, so you can use the extension cable if you need it. If not, you can use only the converter. -Compatible with Linux (pl2303 kernel module) -I haven't found any bad thing to comment. To get it working with Linux you need to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydarksano on 03/04/2013

-really works - does not cause bugs when is used - the pins are resistant and seems to be dureble - the transparent external protection is hard and cool, you can see the circuit board inside - the data conection works, and does not lost precision in my experiences with this gadget - cheap - worked in win98 and win 7 None at all I used with uart/ttl,... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydan4stone on 03/03/2013

Price is very very good. he device woks ok under different operating systems. The quality of plastic case is medium to low. Because of strange Prolific's policy the adapter does not work with latest version of drivers downloaded from Windows Update or Prolific website. You can read the full story here: http://vk1od.net/software/ATB/PL2303.htm This is ... Read more

2 0
  • posted byfabecker on 02/24/2013

I bought 3 units 10 months ago and I regret not having bought more. The price is unbeatable and it works perfectly on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 64bit. Use with serial cable connected to the (at 9600 bauds) Casio agendas, and runs 100%. Simple and cheap, a tool that everyone should have. None at all. Maybe CD could be more organized - content only ... Read more

3 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections