• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great

posted by Bulgroz on 06/06/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Comes carefully wrapped in bubble plastic bags and adhesive tape.

Comes with 50cm USB extension cable.

Comes with an itsy bitsy driver disc.

Has a USB connector in one end.

Has a male RS-232 connector in the other end.

Seems to do what it is supposed to.

Build quality is such that the rubbery plastic housing comes right off. Some would see this as a con, but it is great for use with electronic projects. It allows you to remove the RS-232 connector and solder wires directly to the print. You might even want to skip the level converter/inverter - if somebody has figured out where to solder please let me know.

Price, price, price. The price is so ridiculously low that I could not even buy the RS-232 connector in a local electronics detail shop. The price lets me buy 5 instead of just one without another thought. Such converters cost a fortune when they first appeared.

No blinky LEDs.

Cons:

It was not delivered by a scarcely clad representative of the opposite sex.

It did not come with string for hanging it from the christmas tree.

It does not have an exotic scent.

It is not pink.

OtherThoughts:

You flatter me.

Bottomline:

Bottom line is, if you need a USB extension cable, if you need a USB plug, if you need a male RS-232 connector or if you need a USB to RS-232 converter buy this. Bottom line is, if you need something to fondle in your pocket of if you need something to throw at your neighbours dog, buy this. This is so cheap that you cannot afford not to buy it. BUY, BUY, BUY!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections