DX » Community » Reviews » Blue Indicator Light Engine Push-Start Button Set for Auto-Refitting (DC 12V)
  • 5 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very good quality, good price

posted by Perkeleh on 03/15/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

First off, this switch is made professionally. It is fitted with one NO- and one NC-switch (look in "Other Thoughts"), and also a LED-lamp. The LED-lamp works independent of the switch (or you may connect it to one of the switches if you want)

The build quality itself is also good indeed, no "flimsy" parts here!

The two switches are rated for a maximum of 600 Volts and 10 Amperes.

Cons:

The "Engine Start"-button itself (the blue plastic on the top) is loose, and you have to twist in onto the casing. No big deal, just wanted you to know :]

Also might be a little big if you want to fit it inside your dash (builds about 6 cm/~2,5" inside)

OtherThoughts:

NO, or Normally Open, means that there is no connection between the two screws when the switch is NOT pushed (connection when pushed)

NC, Normally Closed, means that there is a connection between the two screws when the switch is NOT pushed (no connection when pushed)

Since the switches are rated for a maximum of 10A, I recommend using a relay or so if you want to hook it up against your starter-motor.

Bottomline:

As I've been working around this business (with electricity and all that) I'm pleased to see the build-quality of this switch.

So whatever you are going to use this switch to (power up your computer (perfect!), start your car-engine or power up some heavy power-tools or machines) this switch is perfectly fitted!

Another great deal from DealExtreme!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections