DX » Community » Reviews » USB to RS232 Adapter with USB Extension Cable (41CM Length)
  • 5 star 10 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bydiego3229asu on 07/01/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:small, works with windows xp, windows 7, 32 and 64 bits, windows 8, prolific chip, for windows xp use the prolific driver 2.0.2.1, for windows 7 use prolific 3.2.0.0, for windows 8 let it to chose the right driver---------> it works for me that way. for more inofmati... Read more

0 0
  • posted bythenyboy on 12/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:nice termination for the price, nice packing and easy to use. You don't need to install the usb drivers that came with the product if you use windows 7 or 8, but you have to if you use windows XP. Cons:could be made from a better material and shipping took to... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLaloF on 08/07/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Buy this device because I needed to connect via MODBUS to a equipment at work and I could easily get. Installing drivers on Windows 7 was easy. Cons:The finishing quality is not good, and USB extender cable did not work because it is not right. The packing was a plastic... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCubytus on 07/26/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:A very affordable way to add a serial port to a USB-only computer. Converter itself is well-built and seems sturdy. Cons:No indication as to what the controller is inside. This is important for many USB-to-serial applications. Extension cable is really bad quality, does... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGarthPS on 01/27/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:it is a good price Cons:The quality is not that good . it is fragile. already broke one. Driver installation under windows 7 are not working out of the box. OtherThoughts:Windows trie to installer a driver from Prolific but it should not! as explaine before it is not th... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNicknameInUse on 12/09/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:The price is competitive and the unit comes with an extension cord and driver cd. Build quality is "unpolished" (some sharp edges, not so neat finishing, etc) but very sturdy. After a bit of tinkering it -mostly- does what it should do. Cons:As confirm... Read more

3 0
  • posted bybob91343 on 11/22/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Unit works as advertised. I am amazed that something sophisticated like this is so inexpensive, but that's DX's reputation. Cons:No instructions; I had to figure it out. The first one I ordered didn't work. DX was very good and sent me another. This one works fi... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydxlooka on 06/05/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:-price, definitivly -extension cable included -works with win 7x64 with driver from internet: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/546/win_drivers.zip Cons:-does not work with win7 out of the box. -not really well-made, very sharp DB9 connector (could shape bisquits... Read more

2 0
  • posted bycritiacrof on 06/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:-great product, my pc doen't have a serial port, so this product is very usefull. -great price. At a local store you pay 10 times as much. -small size -includes a usb extention cable -includes driver cd Cons:-not a very riggid contruction. In falls appart very... Read more

6 2
  • posted bybhassett on 09/08/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:I had no trouble using it with any Operating System. Works in Ubuntu without any drivers, shows as a ttyUSB device. To use in Debian or any similar Linux, you may need to add the standard modules usbserial and pl2303. To use in XP or Vista, insert the supplied C... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections