Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bylrbizar on 03/09/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works as it should. Quality build is fine. I am using it already for a while and everything is perfect. Great for adding USB2 to older laptops with only usb 1.1. The card also doesn't stick out of the laptop wich is great. Cons:The usb connectors are very tight to get i... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfigueiredops on 02/27/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It is very easy to use, just plug and play. I use it on my very old laptop and I get the extras USB ports for my external HD and/or blu-ray. I really liked this product and it is very cheap. Cons:It is kind of fragile. You should be careful when you use it and when you... Read more

0 0
  • posted byakonstantinov on 02/26/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I use it my old laptop running under Debial Linux to hook USB harddrive. So far so good. No failures detected. Installation was plug-and-play. Cons:USB socket are a bit tight due to thin profile of that card. So be careful when inserting cables. OtherThoughts:... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymakovicka on 07/07/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- thin and light PCMCIA card - 2 USB 2.0 ports to your notebook - easy install under win 7 (Plug & play); under Win XP drivers included on cd - for power consuming devices additional power cable incl. (USB -> small power plug) - very useful from perspec... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypspzero on 07/16/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:i got this card for my old laptop that did not have a usb plug and it works great. all of my OS systems i have used accepts it the first time well worth the money in my opinion Cons:the only con i have is that it drains the battery in my laptop very quickly if... Read more

0 0
  • posted byboober on 04/28/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:The thin PCMCIA controller that won't be stick outwards of Your laptop's casing. Real USB 2.0 High Speed as fast as Your PCMCIA controller allows it to be. RElatively powerful internal pulse 5V supply giving a suitable amount of power for WiFi dongle + 16G fla... Read more

0 0
  • posted byemnemn on 03/05/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:works very well. Its very small, its fits exactly in my very small PCMCIA Expansion slot of my HP. So i am almost sure it fits in every other PC. I had only 2 USB slots 2.0. and whatever usb 2.0 Hub i bought it never worked. (3 times). But this card did the tr... Read more

0 0
  • posted byiamir on 01/14/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It installs easily and functions well. No need for drivers under windows 7. Improves very much the ability to use old laptops. Cons:Hard to slide it in and out. The PCMCIA port does not provide enough power for certain portable USB HDD. OtherThoughts:I have a... Read more

0 0
  • posted bythb303 on 11/29/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:it is cheap, easy to install, i needed no drivers for my windows xp laptop. speed is decent. it solved my problem, needed to connect external hdd to my very old laptop with only one usb1 port Cons:non that i can think of OtherThoughts:wrapped in plastic, and small drive... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDrNoel on 05/29/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:-works like advertised(almost) -fits in nice and flushed,looking like built-in USB ports -works with most devices: mouse,keyboard,USB 7.1 audio adapter,thumb drive(somewhat) -windows recognized it as NEC chip Cons:-have to use an AC to USB adapter to power it,still can'... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections