DX » Community » Reviews » USB 54Mbps 802.11b/g WiFi LAN Adapter with Detachable Antenna
  • 5 star 19 ( 61% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 39% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byAlysonPW on 05/19/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It is a good device, it has a good chipset, and allows us to connect to wireless networks. Cons:- I think the antenna is a little weak, but I have solved that installing the antenna of my old router in it. Now, with a bigger antenna, the signal of wifi networks get much... Read more

0 0
  • posted byarsehat on 08/20/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works brilliantly with various flavours of Windows and Ubuntu 12.04 - Ralink 2870 chipset. DX don't mention this at all, but a driver for OS X 10.5-10.7 can be downloaded from ralinktech.com Cons:OS X support is a little odd; Ralink's configuration utility nee... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjojpaul on 05/21/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works great as a wireless card on a PC. Quick setup. Solid signal strength. Works well with a large antenna. Cons:Couldn't get a drive for MAC OS. But I knew that when I bought it. I had ordered it in hopes that I might get one that came with a chipset that wo... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJonny99 on 12/26/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:- Works in either wifi (wifi client) and in AP mode. - Although it is constructed of plastic, well thought over. - Compatible with Windows 7 64. - Supports security WPA/WPA2-PSK. - It has security control by MAC (you can register and free access to only the devices listed... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrogeriordctmd on 12/26/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Low price. Good reception range. Usefull. Ease to install and to use. Perfect to use in a USB port in a desktop that needs wireless conection. Don't need to open de desktop to install it. Cons:The driver CD comes with the correct driver, but you need to search... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrrrulo on 09/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- Excelent build quality - Very well packaged with a box and manual with drivers (see bellow) - Comes with removable anntena (this is a great feature) - Works fine - Nice range, and if its not enough for you you can buy another antenna here in dealextreme Cons:-... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysixstringtiger on 06/08/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It works fine. The range is fine and it performs as you would expect. I used it to add wifi capabilities to a very very old Gateway laptop that I installed Puppy Linux on. No real issues getting it running (as I recall anyway). Cons:The plastic case isn't really held to... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykiddude on 06/05/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It works good for range It wasnt that hard of an install once i found what i needed to install The CD had the drivers need to use it Not sure if it had the range it says but it does reach pretty far Cons:Big bulky case CD has lots of extra drivers You have to... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBen165 on 03/22/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Got it installed in Windows 7 without using the driver disk. Works like a charm! Used SKU 33717 - Quality USB 2.0 Extension Cable (1M) to move it away from the back of my computer and used some double sided tape to stick it to a nearby bookshelf. Works as designed... Cons... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGRizlly on 03/15/2011

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- plug and play in windows 7 (It is very convenient) - good build quality - the external removable antenna (bought for this reason) Cons:The given WiFi adapter a little the big size. It causes small inconveniences at usage on a notebook. But in due course you... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections