It is a good device, it has a good chipset, and allows us to connect to wireless networks. - I think the antenna is a little weak, but I have solved that installing the antenna of my old router in it. Now, with a bigger antenna, the signal of wifi networks get much stronger in my computer. - It is not very compact. I have to leave a big space between ... Read more
Works brilliantly with various flavours of Windows and Ubuntu 12.04 - Ralink 2870 chipset. DX don't mention this at all, but a driver for OS X 10.5-10.7 can be downloaded from ralinktech.com OS X support is a little odd; Ralink's configuration utility needs to be started to get it to connect to an access point, but that's not really an issue as it can ... Read more
Works great as a wireless card on a PC. Quick setup. Solid signal strength. Works well with a large antenna. Couldn't get a drive for MAC OS. But I knew that when I bought it. I had ordered it in hopes that I might get one that came with a chipset that would work with KISMAC. But it doesn't. It might work with it now or in the future but when I tried ... Read more
- Works in either wifi (wifi client) and in AP mode.
- Although it is constructed of plastic, well thought over.
- Compatible with Windows 7 64.
- Supports security WPA/WPA2-PSK.
- It has security control by MAC (you can register and free access to only the devices listed if you want - is disabled by default). - CD with driver malfunctioned. Overall,... Read more
Good reception range.
Ease to install and to use.
Perfect to use in a USB port in a desktop that needs wireless conection. Don't need to open de desktop to install it. The driver CD comes with the correct driver, but you need to search or it in a large number of folders and install it manually.
If yours usb conections are too close,... Read more
- Excelent build quality - Very well packaged with a box and manual with drivers (see bellow) - Comes with removable anntena (this is a great feature) - Works fine - Nice range, and if its not enough for you you can buy another antenna here in dealextreme - My driver CD came empty, totally empty. I try on diverents cd readers and nothing there, a virgin ... Read more
It works fine. The range is fine and it performs as you would expect. I used it to add wifi capabilities to a very very old Gateway laptop that I installed Puppy Linux on. No real issues getting it running (as I recall anyway). The plastic case isn't really held together by anything -- the plastic separates often. This turned out to be a good thing,... Read more
It works good for range
It wasnt that hard of an install once i found what i needed to install
The CD had the drivers need to use it
Not sure if it had the range it says but it does reach pretty far Big bulky case
CD has lots of extra drivers
You have to find the right drivers on the CD. Only a con because it didnt really have instructions They work ... Read more
Got it installed in Windows 7 without using the driver disk. Works like a charm! Used SKU 33717 - Quality USB 2.0 Extension Cable (1M) to move it away from the back of my computer and used some double sided tape to stick it to a nearby bookshelf. Works as designed... It is a little thick which isn't a big problem for me. It may become a problem, especially ... Read more
- plug and play in windows 7 (It is very convenient)
- good build quality
- the external removable antenna (bought for this reason) The given WiFi adapter a little the big size. It causes small inconveniences at usage on a notebook. But in due course you get used, and it isn't the big lack. I use together with the extender for obtaining of steadier ... Read more
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.