DX » Community » Reviews » HOLUX M-1000C Rechargeable Bluetooth Car GPS Receiver with Data Logger Travel Recorder
  • 5 star 11 ( 58% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 42% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byKiwiMorpheus on 11/30/2013

This unit is great for those who want to track where they have been. With the demise of the Google Latitude service I needed something that would allow me to track where I have been in the past to assist and support my client billing. Why is the software licence not included with this? Having to pay another USD$10 to unlock the ability to download the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byngrover on 05/30/2013

Works as advertised... which is to say, better than I thought. I'm using this with an Asus Transformer Prime TF-201 tablet which has a useless built in GPS receiver. I used the Holux with the tablet along with the "Bluetooth GPS" app available in the Google Play store. I then placed the Holux on the dashboard of my car and gave it a whirl.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byechoedwards on 05/27/2013

+ Costs less than other retail devices + One of the few GPS bluetooth devices still on the market + Quick position fix and 2D fix is fairly accurate + Charge lasts for a fairly long time + Battery is user replaceable. - Limited compared to several integrated GPS systems in new phones - no WAAS, - 3D fix is often highly inaccurate If your device's integrated ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysubstitute on 05/11/2013

Very small, about the size of a match box. Light weight too. Easy to use after quickly reading the manual. The EzTour software works really well and seems to even get updates every now and then. Removable battery is a very good feature also. Flimsy on/off switch. The plastic used in the casing is pretty weak also so be careful with it. I can log my ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykjetilk on 04/21/2013

I've used it for analysis of my course in orienteering, a sport where one runs in the forest with a detailed map. It works well for this purpose. Even in dense forest, reception is adequate, and it can easily show where I slowed down or made a mistake. It seems to have a fair battery time. It also works well with gpsbabel on Linux, using the m241 protocol.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywnd256 on 02/12/2013

+ Most of the time acquires a fix in less than a minute. If you use the device often and don't move too far away, gets a fix even quicker. + Accurate (when it works) + Sensitive + Despite the power switch location, I've never accidentally turned the device off. + Almost 200 hours of logging with default settings (at 12 samples per second). + Very good ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bye55555 on 02/06/2013

Very small, compact, good build quality. Drivers and software works well and of a good standard. Battery is compatible with many Nokia phones including mine. Very accurate!!! It is able to work with very weak GPS signal, even indoors. Battery longs ~20 hours! Can be used as a external GPS with a notebook, tablet PC, phone. Quickly finds and lock on ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrobbage on 01/31/2013

Logs correctly. Drivers and software work well and of a good standard. Battery is compatible with many Nokia phones including mine. Works well as a USB-serial device and Bluetooth-serial device. Standard mini-B USB connection. Would be better with timed Bluetooth discovery instead of always being in discovery mode. Occasionally loses satellite lock ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byash74 on 10/04/2012

+ Very accurate for my driving and running purposes. + Easy to pair (code 0000). + Easy to use (really no brainer as it should be). + Battery seems to last, but my experience is limited to one day (arrived yesterday). + Replaceable battery. + USB and Car power cables + packaging (if you care...) - manual in Chinese - no straightforward connection with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywishod on 11/30/2011

Very useful thing to log movements of a person/vehicle/object. Can be used as a external gps antenna with a notebook, tablet pc, phone. Quickly finds and lock on GPS satellites, reception is quite strong, compared to internal antennas in other devices. Bundled software is buggy and useless, you have to polish this thing a bit to make it work flawlessly!... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections