Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• iPhone users - read this

posted by ash74 on 10/04/2012
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

+ Very accurate for my driving and running purposes.
    + Easy to pair (code 0000).
    + Easy to use (really no brainer as it should be).
    + Battery seems to last, but my experience is limited to one day (arrived yesterday).
    + Replaceable battery.
    + USB and Car power cables
    + packaging (if you care...)

Cons:

- manual in Chinese
    - no straightforward connection with Apple devices (tried only with iPhone 3GS so far).
    - Build could be stronger: it's just ok.
    - Size/weight (I know, it's on the specs, but could be lighter and smaller)

OtherThoughts:

I have not found reviews regarding issues when pairing with iPhones (probably I wasn't paying much attention to it) and was very frustrated when my old 3GS could not see it on Bluetooth Devices.

After 30 minutes googling, found a $5 solution that works like a sharm (BTstack GPS) but you will need to Jailbreak and use Cydia to install it.

BTstack GPS replaces Apple Bluetooth stack, allowing your iPhone to use an external GPS.

You may try the free (demo) version to check the connection between the iPhone and Holux module. That's what I've done and right after bought the 5 USD application.

Used it with GoogleMaps, Runkeeper, Waze and NavFree.

In Curitiba (Brazil) my M-1000C connects with 8 to 10 sattellites providing a very accurate location and altitude (provided the Global Positioning System accuracy).

My 3GS uses IOS 5.0.1 (9A405).

Bottomline:

A little expensive, but when pairing with your mobile phone or tablet quickly pays off.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections