DX » Community » Reviews » HOLUX M-1000C Rechargeable Bluetooth Car GPS Receiver with Data Logger Travel Recorder
  • 5 star 9 ( 53% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 47% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Holux M1000C Top notch piece of kit

posted by ALanger on 07/25/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The receiver had very quick lock time. It is able to work with very weak GPS signal, even indoors. No special usb cable is required for configuration or downloading data. I think these 5-pin mini-usb cables are standard with all mp3s,phones etc. now.

Cons:

The supplied eZtour software is not the best software I've seen. No other cons.
    Note: There is a free app called BT747 (google it) which will allow you to configure the device over bluetooth from your phone (no cable required).

OtherThoughts:

I used the Holux m1000c with my nokia e51 (with Nokia Maps) via bluetooth while touring in Spain and England. It never let me down. The battery supplied lasts for ages. The device itself is about the size of a box of matches.

Bottomline:

Holux M1000C Top notch piece of kit!
    Dealextreme order process was very clear with regular updates on progress. Was able to track package via Dealextreme. Delivery time to Ireland took about 10 daya from order to receiving it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections