Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• GREAT light for the price

posted by aussiefx on 07/09/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

For the price this is an amazing light. I was actually very pleasantly surprised by the build quality. I bought 2 and pulled both apart to check out the insides to make sure everything was ok. If anything, there's probably a bit too much metal making the light just a touch on the heavy side. However the heat transfer seems good. Everything was put together nicely, well soldered and the fit of the various components was very good. The brightness is insane - locally I'd have to pay at least 3 time as much to get something even close. This thing really lights up the track.

Cons:

The flashing mode is useless. It feels like I'm in a disco. It would have been nice, others have already commented, to have a lower level mode when riding around town.

OtherThoughts:

This light has quite a "floody" beam. It would be nice to have a model available (or perhaps just a reflector option) for more of a pencil beam. I'd like two lights on my bike - a flood and a spot. Plus two lights are always better in case one dies and your still out in the bush.

Bottomline:

For the price, you can't go wrong. I've already ordered 3 more for friends.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections