Customer’s impression:
sei lá
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Really easy and cheap

posted by tompi on 03/24/2010
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

The alarm is very easy to set up: just plug the two main wires to your 12V battery and you're done.
    The packaging also includes a sticker to stick it anywhere on your bike.
    It's really small so you can hide it behind a plastic cover or anywhere else.
    Since it must be a mechanical vibration sensor it shouldn't discharge the battery that much when it's idle.

Cons:

The remote has to be a standard model working with other kinds of alarms because the alarm and the start button both do the same thing.
    Manual is chinese.
    The blue wire has to be some kind of security to turn the alarm of automatically when the bike runs, but I didn't get how to set that up.

OtherThoughts:

The reactivity is not bad but it takes a few seconds to turn on since the moment you touch the bike. Sometimes you just brush the bike and it rings, some other times you hit it and it doesn't do anything.
    There could be a small flashing LED to show the alarm is on. It would cost 50 cts more and would be great looking and effective. I'll try to do this myself.

Bottomline:

Great stuff, really worth the price. I never thought I could buy a bike alarm for the price of two sandwiches. Thanks DX !

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections