DX » Community » Reviews » 2.4GHz 15~18dBi Directional High Gain 13-Unit Antenna for Wifi/Wireless Network (N Female)
  • 5 star 6 ( 55% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 45% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bysmilos on 02/04/2013

The antenna is a solid construction. The gain is 13 dB. In practice, it is from 11 - 13 dB. It's worth every penny. Very good for short links up to 1 km. For me, working on the vertical polarization. Because of the relatively small vertical entrance angle can be nice to focus. Because no body is very susceptible to weathering. As soon as it gets wet ... Read more

2 0
  • posted bymilocs on 07/07/2012

good quality build easy to mount and of course the pigtail is a plus as the coax is no connceted directly to the antenna makes it much easier to mount higher the mount the coax after great find Dealxtreme not much as to cons i could find here !!!!!!! Use it regularly to connect at local ham fest or at the flying field for remote cams and works great ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byizmail on 04/10/2011

looks solid. aluminum material. robust construction such as that of a TV antenna. I could not find any missing. it's not used already. sma plug on me because I do not. I could not find any missing. it's not used already. sma plug on me because I do not. If you must use the wifi ago sma plug to find. If there remains in your hand. A nice package arrived.... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymanueloliva on 08/13/2010

The packaging is good when it arrived, heavily packaged thus protecting the item from the damage. the installation is quite simple. though i have to replace the connector. I had a outrageous gain in signal strength. my old antenna for my wimax connection is having 80-93% signal on all three signal meters (huawei bm622 modem) but upon installation of ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byDeshi on 05/05/2010

Does the job, and quite well, once you have it aimed properly. Roughly 10-14dbi gain over my stock omni antennas on a Linksys WRT54G Router with Tomato firmware, using a descent quality 4-foot long N to RP-TNC cable. Might be even better results if could hook up direct. - Short cable, so you will need an extension to mount it outside if you want the ... Read more

3 0
  • posted bySnakeNET on 04/18/2010

solid, good build, with a way to attach it. Better than some 'ricore' antenna. Ease to point (I have fixed a boussole on it) in my model (not the same as pictured), the cable is not good placed. Then, I have less signal than the standard omni. I have to correct it to have a correct result. Browse the web to know how to. If you have a model where the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byogofogo on 03/23/2010

This santenna is just great! I bought a converter cable from N male to rp-sma so I can attach it to my Gsky wifi adapter which I also bought from here. I have great connections to hundreds(yes hundreds) of wifi hotspots and all this is without direct visibility!; I use it as an indoor antenna and it's not even pointed at the window but at a brick wall ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byidillus on 01/14/2010

This antenna works fine! I had a Wifi problem (the signal's strength was too loud), and, after plug in with my Wifi Adapter it goes fine! The gain is not 15 - 18 dBi, the real gain should be around 12 dBi, but it's good The only problem I found is I needed to buy an adaptor to work on my wifi adaptor, and using this adaptor, I loose 1 additional dB,... Read more

2 0
  • posted byLaakkonen on 12/29/2009

Cheap, very sturdy, pretty light, comes with a pole mount (vertical polarization), will stand HEAVY wind load. Easy to aim. Better construction might squeeze more decibels. You will need an adapter for your WLAN device although N is imo better for heavier cable run down from the tower... I was out of network connection for a week. I made a ~200m long ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byeasycr on 07/14/2009

Mine just arrived, and I'm pleasantly surprised. The 15-18dBi rating is likely overstated by the manufacturer, but I got results in the 12dBi range. I used Netstumbler software and tested this one against a 12dBi Waveguide antenna (cantenna) and a similar 15dBi Yagi antenna. I pointed each antenna toward a "hotspot" about 1Km from my house ... Read more

3 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections