Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bybbirt on 01/31/2011

When working with network cables or making your own, it's a very usefull gadget. Very easy to use and very portable. It's not very well build. The battery doesn't fit in the device. It doesn't look all that firm, so I'm affraid to push it in harder and even when it would get in, it'll be even harder to get it out when the battery needs to be replaced.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMcAllan on 01/03/2009

Does what's it supposed to. Easy to use. As others says. It's pretty cheap and flimsy. The battery compartment is a tad small for most 9v batteries and need to be forced in. Might crack if the plastic gets brittle with time. Nothing much to say - you probably already know what it's for :) Building your own cables or often having doubts about a cable ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymfioroni on 11/02/2008

Very useful tool. Works good. Just check the contact between the wires on the network cable. Can check phone cables too, that is good. Very fragile. Made of a thin plastic. The battery must be "forced" in because there is no much space to fit it. Maybe it was designed to low power consuption and don´t need to change the battery frequently.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySpThomas on 10/22/2008

- very cheap - small size - nice looking - very light of weight - the Buildt Quality is the worst i've ever seen (brocken in the first 20 Minutes of ownership) I don't know if every one is buildt so worse like mine, but i decided to choose one more expensive and hope that this would work better. I think this would be a nice tool to check the network ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySpThomas on 10/22/2008

- very cheap - small size - nice looking - very light of weight - the Buildt Quality is the worst i've ever seen (brocken in the first 20 Minutes of ownership) I don't know if every one is buildt so worse like mine, but i decided to choose one more expensive and hope that this would work better. I think this would be a nice tool to check the network ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySysmatck on 09/08/2008

It works as a simple tester works, sending voltage pin-to-pin one by one, looping the sequence. The working situation is veryfied by the corresponding led! The hole the 9v battery is suposed to be could not suport a easy replacement! You will need to force the enter or (like I`ve done) you need to open the device and plugin The on/off button is ATX ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymulaz on 08/03/2008

-Nice -Cheap -Works well -Relatively small -Build quality! mine came broken -The plastic is really thin The battery compartment could be a bit bigger, it's hard to put in the 9v battery (dont know how i'll get it out when it gets empty). -The plugs are a bit hard, so you need to push harder to get the cable in. Useful if you have a bunch of cables that ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byshost on 06/30/2008

Works leds will lights one for a time and you could check if yopu have all wires in correct order, it could be even split in two parts and you will see on both end if its working. Connectors are a bit stiff, but if you use reasonable force to plug them in it will do. It does its work and it is quite small, so you could carry it with no problem, it has ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byandy112 on 05/30/2008

ITs very handy, compact CHEAP yet well suited, the lights light up one after the other in the order they are connected, enabled me to see i had 2 wires the wrong way around easily. Splits into 2 pieces allowing you to test cables with each end in a different room. I havnt found any yet Build quality isnt perfect (obviously) but seems fine to me so far,... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydonmiguel on 01/26/2008

This tester is one of the cheapest here. But it's smaller than 90% other similiar devices. It has all the indicators. I don't like the typo of the batter it uses It could be cheaper Will u really test USB cables? I test RJ45 cables in 99%. So buy this device. It's good Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections