DX » Community » Reviews » 1.5V~4.2V 3W Circuit Board w/ Cree for Flashlights (16.7mm*5.6mm)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjonnyhayashi on 09/13/2013

-Cheap -Only 1 operating mode (I like it) -small footprint, its easy to fit into a case -High working temperature -Current regulation is not very good. -The wires that come with the unit are too thin -Only 1 operating mode (for those who like more options) The product work as advertised, but it gets ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bynatong on 09/06/2013

I tested with one AA Eneloop with Trustfire R5-A3. This board brighter than the original 40-50%. I very amazing with performance on the first power on. btw, It needs to sand down 0.5mm to fit on R5-A3. But on C3 stainless no need to sanding (100% fit). LED cables (red and black) very tiny and easy to ... Read more

Best fit on C3 brighter than original R5-A3 50%

0 0 0

• posted bymadsnake85 on 08/12/2013

++ One mode. + Very easy to install + Presoldered wires are nice, i didn't even cut them + Cheap I can't see none. Probably someone would want more modes, but i like the only mode very much. I fitted this on SKU: 10727. The old 5 mode circuit board became unstable after two years of usage, and with 2... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byBoaaa on 07/18/2013

Inexpensive, definitely outweighs any effort for DIY. Once you know what the real operating parameters are you have a very nice circuit. The output power can be adjusted by changing the resistor marked "R150" (i.e. 0.15 Ohm) - lower it to get more power, increase it to get less power at the ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymervin82 on 06/19/2013

Well-priced is probably the best pro about this product! Buy it in bulk and it is even cheaper. Despite the low price, it works as advertised with no flashing, low/hi function. Also received the item in less than a week. The driver size is 16.7mm, not a big problem if you can file it down to 16mm. Some ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bytdes on 06/11/2013

Exactly as described, just dropped in, runs an x-re r2 perfectly well, long run times. I am a novice when it comes to electronics, but found it easy to use. I have some other cheap torches that i am thinking of upgrading with this cree board. Could be slightly brighter but that would compromise run time.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byJosh101 on 03/12/2013

A good small driver for your projects or repairs. The output is relatively stable, but if your looking for a good driver go for these. Was shipped in a plastic bag, as a result one of the two I ordered was damaged. A chunk was missing from the Inductor, but it still worked. Not the safest but... Wires ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymundaire on 03/05/2013

Decent, though I would have preferred the connecting wires to have a bit more 'substance' to them. No instructions came with the unit, so best be prepared with a multimeter to double check the circuit before you get out your soldering iron! Used this in combination with SKU 13458 to convert an incandescent ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bydingran2009 on 03/01/2013

Very low price. Use it for cree Q3 light, and works fine. Eyeballing it is brighter than old dead board. Generate a lot of heat with 14500 battery. No idea how long it will last or if it is better than old dead driver. Don't have a scope to measure the specs, but it works well with AA battery. Cheap ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byHexacat on 12/08/2012

Cheap and small Boost driver. Output seems regulated only between 1,8 V and 3 V, output current is ~600mA, output Power ~1,7W. Efficency was about 70-76%. Not realy regulated outside of the operating range. Also does not work regulated with higher Output voltage. The IC is marked "J1IH", but ... Read more

Measured with XM-L and 2 Diodes 1N5404 in series Output as variables of the Input voltage with XM-L Measurment of the Driver in the Lab Driver, IC marked as J1IH

2 0 4

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections