DX » Community » Reviews » 1.5V~4.2V 3W Cree Circuit Board for Flashlights (16.7mm*5.6mm)
  • 5 star 16 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjonnyhayashi on 09/13/2013

-Cheap -Only 1 operating mode (I like it) -small footprint, its easy to fit into a case -High working temperature -Current regulation is not very good. -The wires that come with the unit are too thin -Only 1 operating mode (for those who like more options) The product work as advertised, but it gets very hot under 2 AA eneloops, driving a Cree XR-E ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bynatong on 09/06/2013

I tested with one AA Eneloop with Trustfire R5-A3. This board brighter than the original 40-50%. I very amazing with performance on the first power on. btw, It needs to sand down 0.5mm to fit on R5-A3. But on C3 stainless no need to sanding (100% fit). LED cables (red and black) very tiny and easy to tear. It must be more copper core. You must be aware ... Read more

Best fit on C3 brighter than original R5-A3 50%
    0 0
  • posted bymadsnake85 on 08/12/2013

++ One mode. + Very easy to install + Presoldered wires are nice, i didn't even cut them + Cheap I can't see none. Probably someone would want more modes, but i like the only mode very much. I fitted this on SKU: 10727. The old 5 mode circuit board became unstable after two years of usage, and with 2xAA rechargeable batteries (fresh charged) did not ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBoaaa on 07/18/2013

Inexpensive, definitely outweighs any effort for DIY. Once you know what the real operating parameters are you have a very nice circuit. The output power can be adjusted by changing the resistor marked "R150" (i.e. 0.15 Ohm) - lower it to get more power, increase it to get less power at the output. Specifications are not really what one would ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymervin82 on 06/19/2013

Well-priced is probably the best pro about this product! Buy it in bulk and it is even cheaper. Despite the low price, it works as advertised with no flashing, low/hi function. Also received the item in less than a week. The driver size is 16.7mm, not a big problem if you can file it down to 16mm. Some of the inductors were chipped, but it did not affect ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytdes on 06/11/2013

Exactly as described, just dropped in, runs an x-re r2 perfectly well, long run times. I am a novice when it comes to electronics, but found it easy to use. I have some other cheap torches that i am thinking of upgrading with this cree board. Could be slightly brighter but that would compromise run time. Not really a downside, more of an observation.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJosh101 on 03/12/2013

A good small driver for your projects or repairs. The output is relatively stable, but if your looking for a good driver go for these. Was shipped in a plastic bag, as a result one of the two I ordered was damaged. A chunk was missing from the Inductor, but it still worked. Not the safest but... Wires are on the small side and bending them too many ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymundaire on 03/05/2013

Decent, though I would have preferred the connecting wires to have a bit more 'substance' to them. No instructions came with the unit, so best be prepared with a multimeter to double check the circuit before you get out your soldering iron! Used this in combination with SKU 13458 to convert an incandescent 2xAA flashlight to LED. Works well, am quite ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydingran2009 on 03/01/2013

Very low price. Use it for cree Q3 light, and works fine. Eyeballing it is brighter than old dead board. Generate a lot of heat with 14500 battery. No idea how long it will last or if it is better than old dead driver. Don't have a scope to measure the specs, but it works well with AA battery. Cheap and works! I found most drivers for AA/14500 die pretty ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHexacat on 12/08/2012

Cheap and small Boost driver. Output seems regulated only between 1,8 V and 3 V, output current is ~600mA, output Power ~1,7W. Efficency was about 70-76%. Not realy regulated outside of the operating range. Also does not work regulated with higher Output voltage. The IC is marked "J1IH", but i could not find any Datasheet for it. Measured ... Read more

Driver, IC marked as J1IH Measurment of the Driver in the Lab Output as variables of the Input voltage with XM-L Measured with XM-L and 2 Diodes 1N5404 in series
    4 2

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections