DX » Community » Reviews » 2.4GHz 14dBi Flat Panel Antenna for Wifi/Wireless Network
  • 5 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Review:Great!!

posted by lmnewey on 01/04/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This Antenna will surprise you i purchased this as a secondary antenna to one which i bought at jaycar to my surprise it actually receives twice as much as the more expensive Jaycar model(both chinese made)works perfectly with (SKU 30605) High Power 802.11b/g wifi USB Adapter, for Example a network approx 1/2 KM away i got -72 dBm with jaycar antenna and -58 dBm reading's from this one, these measurments came from airodump and kismet

Cons:

The only Problem a have with this product is the location of the N-connector it is inline with the centre of the bracket meaing in my case it had to be at the top of the pole wich is a problem since you would need a pole per antenna if you intend to use more that one, which i do. its also a pity that DX doesnt stock the N to Rsma adapters?? perhaps time for a product suggestion??

OtherThoughts:

I couldn't help my self i had to pull it apart inside i found a large PCB wich only sit around 6mm of the base reflector. the pcb itself seems to have four printed panels joint to each other by a very fine line to the N connector seems very basic but works very very well

Bottomline:

This is a very cheap antenna that works great i would suggest this to anyone wanting to increase the range of there network or even make a long distance bridge of some kind, but be sure you are able to obtain the correct fittings to connect your access point of wireless device

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections