Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• TINY if you need TINY

posted by switchdoctor on 06/20/2009
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This thing reads microSDHC so far up to 8gb (all I had when tested). It reads only MicroSD format (I think that is also called TRANSFLASH, which sounds like a tranny-flash gone bad.) It is very small and if that is what you need this is your bag, if you can find it in your bag. IT DOES fit INSIDE a "Stash-Card" PCMCIA Card (you have to bust off the plastic gripper to make it thin enough to fit, but it still works that way just fine.)

Ejecting the card requires pushing it out by poking a finger at the "plastic" end of the device, sending the card out the "plug" end so you can nab it with a pinch-grip. If you got really large fingers, gloves, calluses, or arthritis you can forget it being easy.

The unit does have a bright blue LED on it too, for those of you who need to SEE your data flow.

Cons:

The plastic thingy that I busted off to make it fit in the StashCard is not very HQ anyway. (But not needed!) And there are no real instructions telling you two very important facts:

1. Transflash (A term not heard where I live) is the SAME thing as MicroSD...

2. It requires slipping the memory stick in from the END of the usb plug, a bit confusing until you figure it out. IT DOES NOT go in the end that is plastic, but into the PLUG END! (VERY ODD!)

OtherThoughts:

I am glad I ordered two, cause I busted the first one trying to get the flash to go in the end that you would assume it goes into!

But look CLOSELY at the bottom LEFT corner of the photo (and packaging) where it outlines the proper insertion of the memory card!

Bottomline:

This is the preferred reader for my applications as I keep it inside the "Stash-Card" inside my PC, and when plugged-in, it is so short it is flush with the PC.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections