DX » Community » Reviews » Protective Plastic Case for 3.5" SATA HDD (Translucent)
  • 5 star 22 ( 65% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bylogozo on 03/16/2014

I use a lot (and I mean a lot) of hard drives to backup video editing projets (which easily amounts to 200GB-1TB sizes, these days with HD material), and so, have to juggle, transfer and lend HDDs often to clients and colleagues to exchange data. This is perfect for it. Nice solid construction, tight fit for any HDD (slim to thick ones - I used those ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMalfoi on 12/29/2013

The case fits very well, both in length, width and height. The HDD doesnt move when it's inside the case. Moreover, the closing is very thourough and doesn't flip open easily. The case only has one foam shock absorber in the closing lid. for better shock absorption, it could be equipped with additional foam cushions on all sides. It's good for the price.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byaleloco on 08/01/2013

It fits well on a SATA HD and protects it from dust, and impacts on other stuff that you store at the same place. I bought 3 of them and it fitted well on my use on SATA2 HDs. It could have some other colors to offer so you can color code your collection. The opening mechanism looks fragile and could break if you don't treat it with some caution None ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byomeruzn on 07/14/2013

This have a good plastic quality. Perfect to store your hdd and keep this from dust, impacts, etc. The available colors will help you to identify your hdd with only a look. I buy several more time ago and now i buy more. A bit expensive talking only of plastic. Cover lock could be a bit difficult to close. Maybe other lock type will be better to use ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygadgetitus on 04/28/2013

I just received delivery of this protective case and was immediately struck by its overall quality and sturdy build. The internal strengthening ribs and the external texture just add to the quality finish. I chose the translucent version which has a smokey grey appearance to it. I am thoroughly impressed with this product and believe it will last a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byUOS13 on 04/01/2013

First of all, perfect price. These cases saved my life already, I dropped one of them with an HDD inside from about 1.5 meters. HDD came out with no damage at all, and case just cracked! They are well built, sturdy, dust proof, a little bit spill proof, protecting HDDs from drop damage and let me transfer them safely. None for now. None for now. These ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byyiyorl on 03/15/2013

This have a good plastic quality. Perfect to store your hdd and keep this from dust, impacts, etc. The available colors will help you to identify your hdd with only a look. I buy several more time ago and now i buy more. A bit expensive talking only of plastic. Cover lock could be a bit difficult to close. Maybe other lock type will be better to use ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCrant on 02/23/2013

Light weight Durable Strong plastic and cheap Maybe that they don't stack that great together but sitting in my bookshelf with a harddrive in ach rather nullify that can. Consider I don't trow out old harddrives and have a docking bay this a probably the best way for me to storage onld drives. Have them in easy access and you can use even older smaller ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byartol on 02/19/2013

Good plastic (polypropylene) Well-engineered Non-stackable Having more than a dozen 3.5" HDD disks (with cinematic work in 2K and 4K I now have more than 40 of them) poses a serious storage and handling problem. This item does not generally suit storage needs since it comes without any stacking aid but for everyday handling and protection this ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygtiberio on 02/10/2013

Robust case, strong material. Protects well against dust. There is a rubber shim inside the lid to avoid HDD getting loose in the case. Comes with a card for identifying/listing contents of the HDD unit. Translucent color is both sober and effective for letting you know which unit is inside each case without open it. Lid lock seems the weak point of ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections