DX » Community » Reviews » Premium Gold Plated Video and Audio AV Component Cable for PS2/PS3 (1.8M-Length)
  • 5 star 8 ( 89% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Picture looks way too dark to be useful

posted by pedram on 04/04/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The cable looks well built and the packaging is nice.
    The colouring on the ends make it possible to distinguish audio and video cables.

Cons:

The length is pretty short. I wanted to hook this up to my projector and it wasn't nearly long enough, even sitting under the ceiling-mounted projector. I guess this isn't such a flaw if you have a wall mounted HDTV and your PS unit is right under it.
    Also, the real CRITICAL flaw was that the picture is very dark. I use this to connect a PS3 to my HD projector and I turned up the brightness on the game as well as my projector, and the picture was still wayyy to dark. It made the games basically unplayable (even with all the lights turned off and brightness cranked to the max).

OtherThoughts:

I haven't tried this on a regular HDTV, just a projector, so your experience might be different with a plasma or LCD TV.
    It *might* also have been just that particular cable, since I didn't try exchanging the cable for another one.

Bottomline:

I thought paying a little more for a "premium" cable would pay off. I was wrong.
    If you can go with another cable that you know works, I'd go with that option instead.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections