Customer’s impression:
Beautiful Beau but quite useless for ios sad because it doesn't work with ios fifa14 it's better for android users
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Overall, a good gamepad for android and pc

posted by FredSBV on 01/21/2014
    15 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Works natively on my android phone with version 4.1.2 in gamepad mode (holding x when starting up) and also works perfectly with my windows 8.1 pc through a bluetooth adapter.
    Even the media buttons works in windows it would seem.

The controller has a soft rubber finish and the joysticks has a perfect indentation that keeps the thumbs from slipping.

The latency between pushing a button and something happening seems to be quite good.
    Since it is bluetooth there will always be some latency although i think that on this one it's barely noticeable.

Cons:

The analog reading from the joysticks seems to not correspond to the actual travel of the joystick. On my computer when i lightly tilt the joystick in any direction, the value jumps very quickly from the zero zone to the max value even though the joystick has not been tilted all the way yet.
    So the analog sticks feels more like digital buttons if you tilt them too quickly.

My joystick readings are a bit jittery on pc though it could be my cheap bluetooth adapter causing it.

Minor con:
    I have fairly large hands so the lower parts of the gamepad does not rest on my palms comfortably. However, the gamepad is very light so gripping it from the sides works just as well.

OtherThoughts:

Keep in mind that even though it connects perfectly to android, not all games will work out of the box. Most games i tried works with gamepad mode, but some require keyboard mode and mapping the keys in the settings.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S II if anyone is wondering.

Bottomline:

It really is a good gamepad for the price and a step up from the IPEGA PG-9017 that had sort of bad joysticks.
    It's a perfect companion for gaming on the go and I warmly recommend it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections