DX » Community » Reviews » 1000mAh 5.5V Solar Powered Self-Recharging Li-Ion Battery
  • 5 star 5 ( 45% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 27% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 18% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 9% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byavion23 on 05/22/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- compact and small - all connectors included - even has a charger Cons:- internal Batterie is only ~100mAh! The case is almost empty! Have a look at the photos - PC-Connection side has arkward connector. I prefered mini-usb or similar. - there is no such thing... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymawktheone on 06/25/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:the unit is both small and quite attractive. I was very happy when i recieved the charger as i was expecting both a larger AND uglier unit. does indeed give 5.5v, great selection of heads pretty looking light Cons:only about 1000mAh which is not enormous if you... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymarrus on 03/11/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Small and portable Easy to understand quickly Free power from the sun! Eco-friendly Works as stated Cons:Short cords. They don't bother me, but they might bother others Doesn't charge my 3.7V Motorola Razr effectively. Make sure your electronics are rated at 5-6V before... Read more

0 0
  • posted byben1680 on 03/07/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Free electricity from the sun - Use lithium battery instead of cheap Ni-MH - Good price performance ratio Cons:- Need constant strong sunlight to charge properly - Need long time to fully charge the battery - No indicator to show that it is fully charged - L... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySuperDoug on 02/05/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It charges under the sun. Get power for free. Charges anything that requires just a 5V signal, assuming it comes with the correct adapter. Cons:It does not work for charging Motorola phones. There is no status lights to check how much charge is in the unit. OtherThought... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydjsydau on 10/13/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It works! Excellent quality solar panel (claimed 15% efficiency) Great value for money (mains to USB charger alone can cost $15 here in Australia) Number of adaptors/cables included Poly-Lithium battery Charged a Nokia E65 in under an hour; Ipod in about two hou... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBosuxRedsux on 08/16/2007

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:had the mini usb connector for my cell phone. Cons:the connections seemed loose. i had to jiggle the connector to make contact, then i had to hold it. if i moved the connector comes loose and the yellow charge indicator light turns off. OtherThoughts:maybe mine was defe... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvytas on 07/03/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:nice to have option using solar power. also it can be charged via USB. handy to have while camping. Cons:UV flashlight (money checker) works only from solar power (though this feature not the OtherThoughts:could be larger capacity and bigger flippable solar el... Read more

0 0
  • posted byThenug on 06/17/2007

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This is one of my favorite toys from DX. You can charge your phone anywhere any time even if it's night because this has a built in battery. I opened it up, charged this for 5 minutes via AC charger, plugged it into my OLD dying phone and it's working 100% again :) Cons:N... Read more

1 0
  • posted byVader on 05/02/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:this is the device to use if your concerned about your energy bills! its quite small for a solar charger and very portable. Cons:the build is a bit dodgey(weird) can look cheap but the product is actually quite good, considering its price! OtherThoughts:if you... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections