Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Big, beefy laser sight, good for rifles & shotguns

posted by thefezman on 01/06/2008
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It feels well built, my only complaints were that there were no instructions (especially as to which way the battery goes), and that it had to stretch the mounting ring to mount it to the rail on my Glock.
    Nice big, bright laser dot.
    It came with the allen wrenches needed to mount and adjust it, as well as the battery, so it's ready to go out of the box.
    The box is a nice touch as well.

Cons:

A bit difficult to mount initially. The adjustment set-screws weren't drilled at equal distances (IE one at 12 o'clock, one at 3, one at 6, one at 9), but it was still fairly easy to get a decent dial-in.

OtherThoughts:

The size of this is good if you want something to mount to a rifle or shotgun, but it's too big to mount to most pistols. Being able to use rechargeable CR123s is nice as well.

Bottomline:

If you have a longarm with a weaver mount, the bright laser dot this produces will definitely be a big intimidation factor to any would-be assailant.

I wouldn't recommend it for a less than full-size pistol, but I'm leaving it on my Glock 22 (40 S&W caliber) until I have a rifle with a weaver mount.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections