DX » Community » Reviews » RJ45/RJ11 Network and Telephone Cable Tester Keychain
Customer’s impression:
Worked perfectly
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byplottingCreeper on 09/19/2014

There were no instructions supplied with this device, but that is perfectly fine, as it is rather simple, and a quick Google search showed me what to do. This device helps me test network cables that I make myself, to see if the connection is good. I have made one bad cable so far, but luckily I had ... Read more

Impression:Worked perfectly;

0 0 0

• posted byRobsdeal on 12/01/2013

-Product certainly does what is has to do and tests equally well both standard phone connector cable and also the 8 conductor ethernet type cable. It is very handy when trying to isolate internet connection problems from pc to pc using cable connections....for this it certainly and easily does the job.... Read more

BOX CONDITION UPON ARRIVAL BATTERY REMOVAL FISHING WIRE FIX HANDY EXTERNAL CONNECTOR TESTER

0 0 0

• posted byMcKaamos on 11/12/2013

Well, it's fairly small and comes with a detachable part for the other side of the cable you want to test. It's also easy to use and only requires a 9v battery. It really is quite flimsy. The plastic is extremely easy to break. I broke off a small edge just by putting the battery in. It would've been ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byRRokas on 09/01/2013

It's very easy to use, you don't even need the instructions (instructions included). Very useful when troubleshooting network problems. Works without any problems. It's very hard to put in the battery, the plastic bends a little bit when putting it in. Instructions included are from other cable tester ... Read more

inside the box inside the box packaging

0 0 0

• posted byBardogoBoss on 04/11/2013

Easy to use it can't be simpler than this, Small compare to other rj45 testing tools, Gets the job done, Low price. Fragile, Poor build quality, Lack in information, Battery compartment is quite annoying which makes it hard to get the battery in or out. They could have built it better which probably ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bycarlit0s5 on 12/11/2012

It' very cheap and small, easy to carry anywhere. His funcionality is very simple and understandable. It have a ring to use it like a keychain. It's good to test long cables because you have two points where look the conectivity and if the cable is fine. The quality of the chasis is very poor, I think ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bynoneal on 08/07/2012

* Very easy to use * small size and very light * easy to read LEDs * performs 1 function - testing the network cable. * comes apart for testing in multiple rooms * Kind of cheap. * Battery doesn't fit perfectly in slot. * One LED is fake. * much better than spending over $25 for something local when ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bybarlesq on 12/10/2011

i work as a low voltage technician and when my really expensive tester broke i decide to look for something cheaper. i found it.this small tester is perfect for my needs when working with rj-45 and rj-11 connectors. build quality is not the best. first time i plugged an rj-45 in it i pushed the socket ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byocsic on 10/24/2010

It is a relatively nice, small, low cost tool and it can be separated to two parts! It works as expected, helped a lot for detecting a cable brakes in my home network. The tester is working on telephone (RJ11) and the network (RJ45) cables to. The tool don't have a speed switch for slow and fast detecting/... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byKrizalid on 09/06/2010

It works as advertised, helped me determine a bum cable in my network, is compact and is exceptionally low-priced. Simple cheap design - Certainly won't replace a professional tester in your toolkit, but is handy to have as a backup. Is cheap enough and small enough to pack into multi-purpose kits, in ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections