DX » Community » Reviews » 18V 5W Cree Circuit Board for Flashlights (16.8mm*5.5mm)
  • 5 star 16 ( 89% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 11% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymiabuela on 09/05/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It is a very good controller. small easy to install and very effective for middle LEDs power flashlights. works well to 800mA. Regulator lanterns perfect for medium power LEDs you feed up 1000mah if you do not need low power mode. Cons:cables welds are not very good, as... Read more

0 0
  • posted byonesixteen on 06/27/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Runs very well, the device is very small for its power. It doesn't need heat sinking and that's a plus. Cons:When I got it in the mail it was poorly packaged, the driver was with a C6 flashlight but was just freely moving around in the yellow envelope. because o... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJosh101 on 03/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Small package and reasonable output. Used this in a custom flashlight build and worked fine. if your driving more than one led in series then the input voltage will need to be greater, max is 18v Cons:The output was not 1.25A when driving one led at 4.5v so to... Read more

0 0
  • posted byroyfellows on 02/23/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Can be used to drive several emitters in series and gives best efficiency when the LED Vf is closely matched to the input voltage. Current output can be vared by changing the loop back resistor. As they come they give 1.2 amps with an R2. Fit an R12 to up the... Read more

4 2
  • posted byphysicka on 01/09/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:-Constant current is better than constant voltage for sensitive components. -Current didn't fluctuate much during a 5 minute run test. -Useful even for non-flashlight purposes Cons:-Wires are thin but functional, swap them if it concerns you. OtherThoughts:-Use a suitable... Read more

0 0
  • posted byeitanatiasd on 12/11/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This driver is just awesome ! :) works well with many emitters like Cree Q5 and so on ... it puts out around 1.2A. Cons:The only con here is the loose wires ... but it is very easy to replace them with new better ones so ... it isn't really a con ... :) OtherT... Read more

0 0
  • posted byctraney on 11/14/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:These are a great deal. I have a friend who regularly builds his own lights and recommended these to me. I actually bought them to power a laser torch, as these are supposed to be constant current drivers. From what I have heard people have used these drivers with no issu... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFlav_3 on 10/21/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Another satisfied customer of this product. I'm using it with an 18650 Cell to power an xml led in a p60 reflector ( sku5937). Fits perfectly in the pill and very easy to solder. Does not heat up almost at all after long use and produces no noise. Cons:Only con...if at al... Read more

Fits perfect in sku:5937 Fits perfectly in sku: 5937
    0 0
  • posted byLollerkopter on 07/13/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- Small and cheap driver. - It's can be driven more than one LED. - It's can be driven many LED type. Cons:- The pre-soldered wires is too thin (I changed them to thicker wires). OtherThoughts:The top of the IC is polished, but I think, this is came with AX2002 (the drive... Read more

0 0
  • posted byelectronicholas on 06/07/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:good driver, does the job, small, not much heat, no noise Cons:i had to re-solder wires, as I think they need to be a bit thicker; but maybe it's just me.. OtherThoughts:I used in 5 flashlights with k2-s and they work just fine for 6 months now. I got 1.3 amps... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections