DX » Community » Reviews » Charge/Discharge Protective Circuit Board for Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (17.4mm*1.9mm)
  • 5 star 11 ( 79% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 21% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works Fine

posted by Sergiosulaco on 01/10/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Simple and effective PCB. I use it with an old-cordless Screwdriver (KC9036 from Black & Decker) which was working with a NiCd destroyed battery.
    Two 18650 cells and this circuit and returned to live!!
    No more discharged screwdriver when you need it!

Cons:

It would be nice DX gives an adaptor ring or something to tight de PCB to the battery body. Its installation would be easier and the result better, with a paralel PCB to a parallel battery. An easy fixable issue though.
    No more cons.

OtherThoughts:

Didn't measure the current, but my screwdriver gets 7-8 Amp (4 Amp for each Li ion cell now). with a "reasonable load". If the shaft gets blocked (0 RPM, full load), the circuit protects the battery (If not the current could get as long as 25A, measured with a higher NiCd capacity Battery).
    With two Notebook recycled 18650 batteries and two PCB (one for each), My screwdriver has power again.
    However, for my aplication maybe the current is sometimes too low . When a high current is requested, the PCB limits it (obviously). A very hard tightened screw, has to be hand-loosened before the machine is capable of loose it completely. With original (and fresh) NiCd Battery you were able to force it. Not now. But it does the job! However, i have to test it better and full recharge again the batteries. They were not new...

Bottomline:

The PCB works pretty well. i think I'm using it in its limits.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections