• 3 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Close to perfect, especially for this price!

posted by bartm on 07/08/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- A bit brighter than its older (and even lower priced) black alu C3 brother sku.1993, which I also own. Also, 3,5 mm shorter.

- Good solid build quality, fits together perfectly (you can barely see where the two front parts meet!).

- my older C3 had some contact problems (flicker) and a shallow switch, but this one is fine.

- Glow in the dark clicky and O-rings (I like the front one behind the lens, it glows brightly when you switch off!).

- Three useful and easily accessed brightness modes (I don't care for the two other modes) and it remembers the last used. The low modes have no discernible pulse-width-modulation flicker.

- Tailstand is stable.

- A bit less heavy than specified (2,61 oz instead of 3,21 oz). For some maybe a negative, but I do not like too much weight in my pocket.

- Wrist strap will fit any adult hand.

Cons:

- Beam has noticeable Cree rings, more so than the older C3 and the still excellent Romisen RC-G2 (sku.3607).

- Steel finish is a bit matte, expected a bit more of a polish.

- No holster (but I prefer a soft pouch anyway, to protect my pocket. not the light).

- Design is a bit plain, with no knurling. But I knew that of course from the photos.

OtherThoughts:

- I use AA batteries (eneloop NiMH), not lithium which would be even brighter, and did not yet test the run times. I expect one hour or so, in high, like my other C3.

Bottomline:

- This lamp is an unbelievable deal. I say, get it while you can. Any change (price or in manufacturing) will likely be for the worse, as it would be hard to improve either the quality or the price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections