DX » Community » Reviews » Wilderness Survival Fire Sparkle + Blade Cutter Tool (Small)
  • 5 star 30 ( 55% )
  • 4 star 25 ( 45% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bydarkrfaith345 on 05/02/2014

GREAT BRIGHT SPARK . If you know how to use this, it really works as well as branded fire steel. THe stricker and ferrocium rod works really really well REquires a bit of practice to get a really big spark. This firesteel needs to be used quite a bit before it reaches its full potential. wears off really quickly No rush or corrosion on the ferrocium ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHEIMDAL13 on 04/18/2014

-Light -Easy to carry -Easy to start a fire -Durable (I think it will last to start at least 30 fires) -Cheap The rope could be a bit larger. Sometimes it's dificult to operate without removing it. This product does its job. I works as advertised and can set fires with few seconds. You cant keep it in a backpack and forget about it untill you need it ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywarren1974 on 04/11/2014

good price portable light weight useful, especially to an outdoors person for hiking, camping or hunting trips not what I would use as the primary means t start a fire if needed, but I have only purchased it as a backup solution in case the others fail nice tool to carry camping, I only plan to use it as a backup as I always bring other means to start ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byleomope on 03/12/2014

Simple operation and durable product. Works wet, great for lighting the gas stove burner and wet with gasoline and alcohol fire. Like any product bought in China the post office here in Brazil too winding to deliver. More than 30 days in my case and trace the Brazilian Post Office is not correct, they do not update the drive mercadoria.lcool. Have to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygeolik on 02/20/2014

Small enough to fill any pocket. The pasive part is very light weight but strong enough to create sparks. A lot of sparks. The active part is magnesium, i think. Have a nice plastic tip that create a very good grip. The active part have a extra-thin film of paint that i have to remove by scratching it before first use. Not a really cons, but a good ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMalteT01 on 01/29/2014

Lightweigt, complete set to start a fire. Works in all conditions, granted you have the know-how to use it. Strong cord connects everything you need together, and is still long enough to use the set without having to loosen it. The ferrocerium part is quite thin, so it won't last as long compared to other, more expensive models sold by DX. the serrated ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJoseKrls on 01/09/2014

-Good value for the price. -Easy to use. -Good size. -Good cord lenght. - None that I can think of. If you want something like this buy this one, it's a very good buy for less than 3 dollars. It comes exactly as it looks in the photo. I like the red color. I wanted one to start a fire like Bear Grylls does, so I searched in DX and found this one. After ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byiK000n on 12/09/2013

It sparks, so it works, although I haven't tried to start a fire with it. It's easy to use: just scrape firmly with the blade over the metal pin. The quality is just fine. It is firmer as I thought, reading some other comments. Nothing really. It is firmer as I thought, reading some other comments. Also the rope is long enough to give enough rome to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytc3333 on 12/06/2013

Nifty always nice to keep when going camping, you never know if you left for stranded, fire is life when out in the wilderness so its definitely a must especially if you dont smoke a little flimsy, just keep it in a safe place away from children, could be dangerous and cause a fire exactly what I expected nothing more nothing less. I dont regret buying ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byeniacivan on 11/25/2013

works perfect, it is ideal to carry in a survival kit or for people doing trekking or mountaineering. If this product is combined with a piece of cotton in your survival kit can make fire anywhere. To get started you have to wear the part of the stone a little, once worn, and always work properly. the handle could be better, but is robust. as improvement ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections