• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Also fits on 24 inch bike

posted by meroli on 10/12/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The price is a big pro of course. I bought this for the mountainbike of my son. He has a 24 inch MTB. The size of guard for the front wheel is good, for the rear wheel seems a little bit too big, but it is not oversized.
    Quality is ok for the prize. A simple set of mudguards will cost 2 or 3 times as much in the local shop. Quality will be higher of course, but I just needed a cheap set.

Cons:

You really have to screw the rear guard really tight to keep it in place. I used an extra ring between the bold and the to secure it, otherwise I was afraid to break it.
    The frond guard did not really fit and needed an extra shackle to get it to fit properly. Maybe it was because the guards are designed for a 26 inch bike.

OtherThoughts:

I just own it for a couple of days and just used for a few kilometers on normal road. I could not really test its firmness yet, but it seems ok the way it is fixed to the bike at this moment.
    It might come with some more material to attach it to the bike.

Bottomline:

Nice and cheap set, might need some tampering and modification to get it mounted to the bike properly. Price is unbeatable. If you really would use it on a bike in rough terrain, I would look for something more solid in a bike shop.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections