DX » Community » Reviews » EasyCAP USB 2.0 Audio/Video Capture/Surveillance Dongle with Mac OS Support
  • 5 star 3 ( 25% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 67% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• It works

posted by Decatro on 09/21/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

* Video works like just as promised. It supports
    - Pal60 & Pal50
    - Ntsc 433
    -: The video is even more crisp than the other easycap versions. I own the easycap dc60 version which only supports pal50 :-
    * The build quality is sturdy, however, you may get a broken led but it's not really an issue.
    * You get a free key for ulead video studio 10
    * A nice white glossy finnish rather than matt black.

Cons:

* No audio for windows 7 users! During my research of finding the drivers for windows 7 (64-bit) i never came across a solution for the sound problems. The only solution is to get an adapter for the sound cables and connect it into the MIC. This only grants you Mono audio in most cases.
    - No Win7 drivers
    - The disc is pirated and unreadable.
    - The LED/lamp on the dongle was broken. (this doesn't effect the recording results mind you.)

OtherThoughts:

For Win7/Vista/XP drivers go here: http://tinyurl.com/2ulxhbd
    This is an excellent tool to record video, unfortunately doesn't easycap provide drivers for Win7 themselves (which makes me suspect that easycap's products are re-brands, like most genius products are)
    I also haven't gotten the tool to work with the max resolutions just yet. (720x568 )

Bottomline:

I'm partly happy with my purchase but then again, Dealextreme is not to b blamed for all faults. The price is excellent as always and I really do recommend this product.
    PS: This is the version i was buying the first time around, but got another version from the store

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections