DX » Community » Reviews » Standalone BitTorrent BT Client + USB/NAS/FTP/SAMBA/Printer/UPNP Sharing Network LAN Server
  • 5 star 29 ( 63% )
  • 4 star 16 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Slooooooow

posted by cicas76 on 04/08/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This tiny NAS alows me to leave two USB drives next to my router and access them from the whole network. I can even listen to songs from one of them on my phone over wifi.

Cons:

Extremely slow. the top sustained speed I'm getting is less than 300KB/s. I haven't been able to access password shares from Windows7 PCs.

OtherThoughts:

I haven't tried the print, torrent and media features yet.
    I'm getting big NAS with built in HDs and will try newer firmware then. If it gets fast enough and the torrent client works, I'll assign it an IP in a "demilitarized zone" of the router for down/uploading movies and stuff; other wise, I'll donate it to a friend.

Bottomline:

If what you need is print, there are specialized print servers for the same price that SHOULD be better.
    It is cheap, but slow for files. That is ok if you'll use it for data backup, you can schedule that backup for overnight and the volume isn't too big.
    OK for streaming music if it is the only task, forget about streaming video.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections