There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works great with PDAs

posted by lejige on 07/26/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This is a great little GPS gadget that works well with my PDAs. I've tested it with an HP iPaq, an HTC Touch running Garmin Mobile XT and MapKing. Bluetooth connects in an instant and GPS takes only a few seconds to catch sattelites. I've also tried it with laptops running Garmin Mobile PC and nRoute and the bundled software GPS Track Tagger. Track Tagger is ok if you manage to connect it. It will show your tracks on google maps and it's pretty accurate.

I used a new version of Bluesoleil as I already had it in my laptops and it works great. Windows' native bluetooth stack also works but less configurable.

Cons:

Connection with laptops is a bit flaky. In Win7, I had to set Garmin Mobile PC and Track Tagger to run as admin for it to connect via bluetooth. In XP, it's a bit hit and miss since there is no per program admin setting.

I wish there was a software with more features than reading and saving tracks like exporting to other formats such as GPX which Garmin mapsource understands. A third party software, GPSBabel, can do this for you however.

The device also does not come with a carrying case or a loop to hang on to.

OtherThoughts:

The device also records elevation when you save POIs or waypoints in Mobile XT.

Bottomline:

Overall, it's a nice purchase for me. I'll be getting another one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections