DX » Community » Reviews » 65-Channel Car Navigation and Tracking Bluetooth GPS Receiver + Data Logger
  • 5 star 7 ( 44% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice for price!

posted by Arbalath on 01/21/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This device is awesome at what it does - acts as GPS receiver and track logger. Great reception after it fixes to satellites, even indoors. Short charging time, but can work for hours, also uses same charger as my nokia phones (specifically, I have E63 - no problems with Google Maps or Sygic Mobile).

Cons:

I spent perhaps a week browsing every forum to get software working. One included with disc does not work on any of my computers (freezes after startup) - only managed to work with it this way - delete last entry in program configuration file, where I think is last folder specified, next time you run the program it will give error, but stragely enough it will not freeze.

OtherThoughts:

You can use extracted logs from device (.kml) with Google Earth, but if you want specifical information, like, point in map, time, you have to spend some more time, because .dat files I got along with .kml were useles.
    Use GPS Babel (free) to read from device - chose Venus Skytraq Device - and convert to gpx.

Bottomline:

Great device for the price, and good functionality too. My only complain - that you have to be very patient with software, and actually have lots of free time and knowledge to get any results.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections