DX » Community » Reviews » ND-100 GPS USB Dongle for Mini Laptop (Work with Street & Trips)
  • 5 star 14 ( 93% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bysuperboer12 on 08/15/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:Very easy to use as it is NMEA0183 compatible and offers a USB interface instead of a serial port. Has more than enough channels and always gives me fast fixes. Power usage is low on this modern GPS chip. The Serial to USB convertor chip is very standard in the... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPedroAbreu100 on 02/17/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:Very good package, send direct nmea sentences to com ports. Can be used with navigation softwares, like opencpn. The price is very nice. In boats, with fiberglass covering, the reception of GPS signal inside the boat is very quick, and the signal is strong. Have 3 GPS sa... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTwigman on 02/04/2013

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:+ Works as described + Comes with Driver/Software CD + Comes with small USB cable + Brief instruction manualCons:- Software might be strange? - Plastic casing a little difficult to get into (like most plastic moulded boxes) - None really found yet :-)OtherThoug... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysuperboer12 on 11/05/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 weekPros:- Cheap, some unit is sold for five times the price with another label on it - Standard PL2303 serial to USB convertor - Standard NMEA signalling - Thus compatible with general GPS software - Easily to modify in order to get PPS signal from GPS unit - Fast fix ti... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfast4ever on 03/25/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 monthPros:+good manuals and simple test software on cd +build quality +works with a lot of programs +short cable included Cons:-no real GPS software included to used in your car on a laptop, tablet or car PC. OtherThoughts:Except for the missing software this is very good product.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFrascas on 12/11/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:I bought this gps 2 years ago and i have to say it works perfectly. I needed for mi travel to Japan and I used it with my netbook. It works with Google Earth and all kind of gps navigation software I have tested till now. It also works on Ubuntu (GNU/Linux) ad... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytrokas on 11/17/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:Small. Good built quality. Works well after managing to get software right. Cons:No map software comes with it. Most programs can't recognize it, even google earth will work ounly using earth-bridge with it. CD with drivers was damaged, but original ND-100 driv... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygabilon on 11/07/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:NICE PRICE. You dont need to be bill gates to make it work. great reception. works fine with Garmin Software. Fast response working over a notebook, amazing features Cons:not too much, usb cable extension coud be longer, and using it, sometimes change the virtu... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypcgbr on 08/12/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:Fast. Easy to use in windows. Is small. What else can i say? It's perfect for what it's made for. Cons:The software. It came with a very simple software that gives your coordinates. For use as city navigator you will need a software like Garmin Mobile PC or iGo for PC. Y... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKilo11 on 07/04/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:Awesome little GPS dongle for a netbook. -Compatible with MS Streets and Trips (I picked up a copy of 2007 for $10 CAD) -Works? -Blue function light! -Cheap! Cons:-Needs to be 'set' first by basically taking the unit to a field first before it'll start tracking... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections