Customer’s impression:
GENIAL
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Darn bright for the price

posted by chowdahboy on 11/09/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Really bright for such a small light. 3W is about right - almost as bright as my 5W Xenon headlight. Blinking mode is VERY attention-getting - outstanding for a be seen light. Usable in bright/continuous mode as a to see light on unlit streets. WAY better than slightly cheaper lights with ~1W emitters and multi-LED lights.

Cons:

1) Mounting bracket - to unmount, have to unscrew all the way; if you then ride without screwing it in, bye-bye screw. Light stays in fairly well without the screw, but can slide out on very bumpy roads. This is the only reason I don't give it 5 stars on everything. It will fit, with persuasion, into the cheapo pop-in/out bracket sold here and I may try that.

2) If riding with just this as a headlight in blink mode, the stroboscopic effect can be a bit disconcerting. It's that bright.

3) Zooming - I can't get mine to zoom at all, despite the description and the graphic on the light. But I'm fine with it as it is.

Bottomline:

For the price, this is a great light. I got it as a 2nd/backup headlight, but find myself using it as my only headlight about 1/2 the time. Just be careful with the stupid tightening screw holding it in.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections