Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Nice light, but must replace the 0-ring of the bat

posted by festaro on 12/11/2009
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

-Powerfull

-not heating that much for what i could see... ( i used it 4 hours on very basic alkalines before the light began to decrease slowly)

-Light.

-quite good bike attachment.

Cons:

the unpacking experience is awfull!!

Mine had a very little o-ring on the switch, and this very little detail make the whole light useless!! ( i mean the switch was "crazy" , screwed correctly, no light, half screwed the light was "jumping" and mode changed on each movements or little vibrations.

Finally i changed the o-ring, but it took me 3 days to realize it was the problem, and 3 others days to find an o-ring! ( you also can use teflon, or some water rings, etc.. if you are in the hurry, the problem is just to screw the switch a few turns before the oem ring stops it...

That is not fun!!

The lense in plastic will probably take some wear signs with years.

Execpt that, i would say it is a good light...

The led make some blue-ish white light, but not sure if it is "warm" or "cold" or "clear" as advertised... anyway it IS powerfull, when it is well sealed and screwed...

OtherThoughts:

THE BATTERIES THAT THIS LIGHT IS MADE FOR ARE EITHER:

3x 1.5v alkaline AAA or 3x 1.5v NI-MH / NI-CD AAA

1x 3.7v lithium-ion or 1x Ultrafire TR-18500 3.7V 1600mAh sku2640 OR ANY 0.71 inches 4v li-po's batt.

Bottomline:

Well, that is a very powerfull light, so if you need that kind of torch, this one is expensive, but i think the li-ion, li-po batts together with the cree led, is a smart combo...

This is also light ( i believe 50-80g) you can have 2 on a bike and looks like a super big motorcycle! ( but gues what, with a little less light :p )

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections