DX » Community » Reviews » USB Powered VGA to Composite + S-Video Converter Box (1280*1024px Max)
  • 5 star 7 ( 41% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 47% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 12% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjuanma3010 on 06/24/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:-Bery compact. - Lowest price. It is cheapest vga to S-Video gadget. - Totally funcional. I tested all functions. - All cables needed are inside. - Very simple installation. - USB powered. - Plenty of stuff that could be needed in the box. - Really Better than... Read more

1 0
  • posted byStaletic on 06/05/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works like a charm. It is very easy to hook up this converter. Fine resolution. You can use Composite, S video and VGA out at the same time. Zoom picture without a menu. Moove picture throuhg menu. Cons:Build quality is not the great, but what you can expect f... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygebike on 04/05/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:The resolution is quite good, better than I expected. Cons:I'm a bit afraid of the quality of the cords, seems ok now, hope will work after 1 year as well. But you know for this mony totally worth it. OtherThoughts:Got the item only this week, at first, the image on th TV... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysw5guilherme on 03/07/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:The smallest one i've seen. Works with any VGA output, which is not true when you buy that VGA-RCA cables (e.g SKU 9812). You don't need to find a power plug, because it's USB powered. Really cheap, Cons:Image is blurry and sometimes noisy. You can watch a vid... Read more

1 0
  • posted byeNdEmiOn on 10/02/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Got this little gizmo to keep being able to use my old TV hooked up to the PC trough s-video or composite cabling. - The device works OK. - USB powered. - Plenty of stuff that could be needed in the box. Cons:- Every time I reboot my pc I have to reconnect the device. O... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynellob on 06/06/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Things I would have liked to have known before I bought this are: - it really is tiny, quite a bit smaller than I expected (a good thing) - the s-video and tv outputs appear to both be on permanently, at least on my unit - I tried a bunch of different resolutions and foun... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycranic on 04/24/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very compact and easy to use. No power adapter needed. No driver instalation needed. Cables with good size. High resolution support (1280*1024px @ 60Hz). Works on linux! (Tested on Fedora 14). Cons:Price. You can find cheaper. No DVI. No Component Video. Other... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymoosettner on 03/28/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This converter works for showing movies on my old TV which doesn't have an digital connection. Actually, my laptop only has a VGA out as well, so there was no way to use it to show movies on the TV. The converter works well with reasonalbe color and resolution. Cons:Man... Read more

0 0
  • posted byleobsilva on 03/25/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- This converter really work. - Very easy to carry around. - It´s really small. - All cables needed are inside. - Very simple installation. - Well built, does not look like cheap. - You do not need any energy adapter to use this converter. Cons:None that... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrduguay on 09/27/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I have a Dell Inspiron notebook and it does not have a video output. If you are using datashows anda new tv sets, no problem: all of them has a vga input. But i need to use it with old tv sets, that only uses video input (like rca cables). For me this is the m... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections