DX » Community » Reviews » USB Powered VGA to Composite + S-Video Converter Box (1280*1024px Max)
  • 5 star 7 ( 37% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 53% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 11% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byCrackos on 11/23/2013

Low price. Not so low as i thought it would be when i searched it, but it's still good. The device itself does the work great. I've connected my netbook to my old tv and played old console games through emulator :) Build quality is not so nice, but it's acceptable for that price. Device does not have any memory and don't keep settings, every time you ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjuanma3010 on 06/24/2012

-Bery compact. - Lowest price. It is cheapest vga to S-Video gadget. - Totally funcional. I tested all functions. - All cables needed are inside. - Very simple installation. - USB powered. - Plenty of stuff that could be needed in the box. - Really Better than I expected. Works with any VGA output. I see it fragile. Build quality is not the great, but ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byStaletic on 06/05/2012

Works like a charm. It is very easy to hook up this converter. Fine resolution. You can use Composite, S video and VGA out at the same time. Zoom picture without a menu. Moove picture throuhg menu. Build quality is not the great, but what you can expect for this price, right? It looks little bit clunky... but it works. Well... I bought 2 units a nd ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygebike on 04/05/2012

The resolution is quite good, better than I expected. I'm a bit afraid of the quality of the cords, seems ok now, hope will work after 1 year as well. But you know for this mony totally worth it. Got the item only this week, at first, the image on th TV was only at lower part, and quality was horribe. Then I red the specification, so I just fixed the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysw5guilherme on 03/07/2012

The smallest one i've seen. Works with any VGA output, which is not true when you buy that VGA-RCA cables (e.g SKU 9812). You don't need to find a power plug, because it's USB powered. Really cheap, Image is blurry and sometimes noisy. You can watch a video, but it's not confortable to read webpages or any text in small fonts like 12pt or 10pt. Don'... Read more

1 0
  • posted byeNdEmiOn on 10/02/2011

Got this little gizmo to keep being able to use my old TV hooked up to the PC trough s-video or composite cabling. - The device works OK. - USB powered. - Plenty of stuff that could be needed in the box. - Every time I reboot my pc I have to reconnect the device. Otherwise the signal gets completely distorted. - The secondary VGA out is pretty much ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynellob on 06/06/2011

Things I would have liked to have known before I bought this are: - it really is tiny, quite a bit smaller than I expected (a good thing) - the s-video and tv outputs appear to both be on permanently, at least on my unit - I tried a bunch of different resolutions and found the clearest signal for text to be 800x600 at 60Hz, best for videos to be 102... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycranic on 04/24/2011

Very compact and easy to use. No power adapter needed. No driver instalation needed. Cables with good size. High resolution support (1280*1024px @ 60Hz). Works on linux! (Tested on Fedora 14). Price. You can find cheaper. No DVI. No Component Video. I'm using it for more than a year and it still working flawlessly. Very good product. I'm really satisfied.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymoosettner on 03/28/2011

This converter works for showing movies on my old TV which doesn't have an digital connection. Actually, my laptop only has a VGA out as well, so there was no way to use it to show movies on the TV. The converter works well with reasonalbe color and resolution. Manual is weak. Lots of cables needed to make the connections. Converter is powered with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byleobsilva on 03/25/2011

- This converter really work. - Very easy to carry around. - It´s really small. - All cables needed are inside. - Very simple installation. - Well built, does not look like cheap. - You do not need any energy adapter to use this converter. None that I can think about. I´m very happy with this purchase, I have tried a lot of adapters and none ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections