• 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Brought a dead DS back to life, perfect!

posted by Codehunter on 01/21/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

A perfect replacement DS cart slot for your DS lite. I bought this just incase I need it in the future. It turns out my nephews DS suddenly stopped accepting game carts. Aparrently a pin broke off in the slot. It looks like the pins on the old slot were rusted and worn thin. Until one actually broke off. This replacement slot came in handy to repair the DS to full working order.

Cons:

The only con is the slot I received had its metal cover bent down in shipping. Bending it back in shape fixed it. Not a con really but this is not a repair for the faint hearted, it requires desoldering/soldering of pins.

OtherThoughts:

This is great for fixing your DS when it starts to fail to recognize games. To remove the old slot, I pulled each pin up one at a time after using solder wick to remove most of the solder. Then heat and remove the four ground points to remove the old slot. Installing the new slot was a simple resolder job (after cleaning the solder contacts with solder wick first). There are plastic guide pins on the slot to keep it positioned correctly. Then solder the new slot in.

Bottomline:

A great deal to fix your dead DS. I will order another one as a future backup to keep my DS running in top shape.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections