Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good product

posted by zmeister on 08/16/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I ordered this to repair my old nds lite that didn't read games anymore. (due to a bent pin in the game socket).
    +Very good price
    +It works, if installed correctly it will make your nds lite read games again...for a mere 2 bucks.

Cons:

I ordered 2 of these and I guess I was a bit unlucky. Both came with bent metal plate (easily corrected though). The plastic bottom on the 2nd one was cracked (but holding together) and one had bent pins (one of the pins were -very- bent).
    I soldered the one without bent pins first but when I was finished and about to test it with a game I noticed the eject mechanism didn't work. It read games though, but was impossible to keep that way.
    Replaced it with the one with the bent pins and got it to work. (hope the bent pins lasts)
    I also had to remove the 2 plastic pins in the front of the game socket because the ds shell didn't fit otherwise. My original ds lite game socket doesn't have those 2 pins either...

OtherThoughts:

I had basically no soldering skills prior to the installation, just be careful and even a noob can handle it. Watch some youtube videos carefully before doing it and don't try to force the pins up.
    I managed to lift a solder pad (i think) when I got mad and tried to unsolder the DX faulty game socket with the other one. (Didn't want to clean the solder pads again)
    It still works though...

Bottomline:

Buy it, it's a good product for a cheap price.
    Maybe order it with some other products so it gets sent in a bigger and better package? Also make sure the eject mechanism works before installing it on your nds lite!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections