Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• The cheapest and more reliable

posted by fran82 on 04/14/2010
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I have received this gadget in less than 20 working days. It comes inside the typical DX envelope, but it comes inside a white card box, even inside a transparent bubble bag (double protection).
    About it, the most important things are:
    1) For the price, you can not buy anything better
    2) There are other solutions, but those solutions use difficult to find batteries or unreliable opening mechanisms.
    3) With only 1 LED illuminates perfectly the thing you are reading
    4) You can use it with normal books and with e-books.
    5) Looks expensive for what it costs
    6) You can use with 2x2032 batteries or only one (as you prefer). 1x2032 battery gives a bit less light but doubles the runtime. With 2x20232 you will get less than double than 1x2032 but runtime is less because 2 batteries in series allows the LED to draw more current, so less runtime.
    7) It includes the 2x2032 batteries, so you dont have to buy until you deplete them

Cons:

The only "cons" (in my opinion are)
    1) Build quality of the "lens" which diffuse the light appears not durable and it can fall off, but if it falls the light will work, only with the light not than diffused (mine has not fall)
    2) The switch would be better (IMO). With a better mechanism would be a better yet device. But the original works good.
    3) The included batteries are "no-name". But they are included and appears to be good.
    No more cons

OtherThoughts:

In my opinion, you can not find better device for reading books.
    It can allow you to use 1 or 2 batteries, so you can decide if you want more/less light or more/less runtime.
    It allows you to read a book in the darkness without disturbing another person. And the diffused light, does not hurt your eyes.

Bottomline:

If you need a reading light, BUY IT.
    I had been searching and this light is the best from all I have seen. However there are only a few were to choose.
    In my opinion, you can not find better device for reading books.
    It can allow you to use 1 or 2 batteries, so you can decide if you want more/less light or more/less runtime.
    It allows you to read a book in the darkness without disturbing another person. And the diffused light, does not hurt your eyes.
    WORTH BUY. Very worthy

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections