DX » Community » Reviews » RJ45 Network Cable 1-to-2 Female-Female Spliter Coupler
  • 5 star 5 ( 28% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 67% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very useful... if you know its limitations

posted by Plexx on 10/09/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I haven't seen it mentioned, this will work with phone lines as well.
    Cheap solution to attach multiple devices without crawling through attics/basements to run additional cables.

Cons:

It's only a splitter, only one ethernet device can be used/powered on at a time... but read on for a solution in "other thoughts"...
    I've ordered six of these, and two were damaged (the pins were bent and don't line up properly). It's not worth the time or effort to go through the RMA process on a $1 item. Order extras if you want to be safe.

OtherThoughts:

With a little creative cable construction (buy amp RJ45 connectors and crimper also here on DealExtreme), you CAN have two devices on and connected at the same time. Check here: forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=591012
    I also set up a neighbor with both their ethernet and a standard phone line across one ethernet cable using a similar method and this splitter.

Bottomline:

Great item, with a little rewiring, REALLY becomes useful.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections