DX » Community » Reviews » 5mW 532nm Green Laser Module (3V 11.9mm)
  • 5 star 2 ( 22% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 78% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymelslenstra on 01/30/2014

The beam really is very bright. Although I don't own an optical power measurement device, I'd say that it's putting out quite a bit more than the promised 5mW. As others have said, the wires are soldered quite badly onto the PCB and they let go quickly. The button is rather inconvenient too. But since bare laser modules are meant for people with at ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFireCrier on 01/23/2014

- Price - Power output - Construction - Driver circuit This laser module is cheap, in my country it's about 1/6 of common price. Power output is very good, beam can be easily seen in the city at night, very bright dot at day, even under quite strong sunshine. Did not measure the real output yet. Construction looks robust, but something rumbles inside ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysamsam on 07/17/2013

Well, it's green, is quite bright, focusable, and arrived in one piece -- a good start by all accounts. 250mA appears to be the correct draw for this item (see further comment in 'Cons' section however). I have an issue with the description of ALL the green laser modules, though this one 'appears' to be on the money. If you look at the description to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysixbow on 02/26/2013

nice green laser , you can see it at night quite a nice price. but is is chinese quality so its a good idea to buy more than one! leads tend to drop of , so you need some soldering skills to make them work. i also thought that the button on the laser was a bit annoing. also its a bit of a shame that its a 3 volt laser , it would have been nicer if it ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byphino on 09/16/2011

Very nice laser module! I am use on I=350ma output power less 50 mw bright, low price Great module. Fairly well built. It's nice to have the option to put an on-board control on it, but a button makes it more of a "pointer." Great for DIY applications. If you can't even solder, this just needs a power source. A square or box design would be ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byqwertymodo on 11/23/2010

Very powerful, considering the 5mW rating. Able to faintly make out the beam in a lighted room. The dot is clearly visible on the hillside out my window ~0.5 mile away in the late afternoon/evening. Very poor soldering. The wires aren't actually soldered on, they are basically glued to the module. The red wire on mine was completely detached and I had ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzybke on 10/01/2010

Seems well built, and very bright for is stated 5mw output, which suggests it may be doing even more. - Small, and I mean quite small. it is a lot smaller than I had expected it to be. - No power fluctuations. - Adjustable focus. - Reasonable price. Could be a little cheaper. - Was backordered for quite some time. - Easy to kill the diode if you barely ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byghasty on 09/10/2010

The price and brightness. I use these for building laser vortex's for halloween and these blow away the ones I used last year be gentle handling these...build is not as sturdy as the ones I used last year but could not pass up the price. need to figure out how to replace the on/off button to be always on... ordered 3 to test and 1 was bad so seeing ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byQuestionsX13 on 09/01/2009

This laser is brighter than my 10mw green laser from a different supplier it works well with 2 rechargeable AA batteries. I could add a different switch easily without taking off the one it has. It is so cheap you can afford it easily and if you kill it not a huge loss at the price. The circuit board is held in place only by the leads from the laser ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections