1. It's very convenient to use. I prefer using a phone handset to wearing a headset when I talk with people (unless I'm going to be talking and typing at the same time, in which case I would prefer headset) because when I wear a headset, I tend to forget I'm wearing a headset. What often happens...
1. It's very convenient to use. I prefer using a phone handset to wearing a headset when I talk with people (unless I'm going to be talking and typing at the same time, in which case I would prefer headset) because when I wear a headset, I tend to forget I'm wearing a headset. What often happens then is I stand up or move away causing my headset's wires to be yanked.
2. There's an LCD screen where you can see your contacts, select one, and call.
3. It has a fairly long USB cable. I like the fact that it plugs into directly into my laptop. I also have an RJ11/USB adaptor (regular phone plugged into it) but it's not as convenient (mobile) because my laptop would then have to be placed fairly close to the adaptor. 1. Major issue - microphone volume.
I have used many headsets and RJ11/USB adaptors to which I hook up ordinary phones. With them, I can speak in a normal voice volume level. I find that with this USB phone, I have to raise the volume level on SKype and Window's volume properties to the highest. On top of that, I also have to speak in an unusually loud voice in order for the called party to hear me. I don't know what makes the microphone feature of this phone really bad but if I'd known about, I wouldn't have bought this.
2. The software built into the phone is limited. Softwares that work with RJ11/USB adaptors would usually include a feature that enables the user to select Skype tabs (history, contacts). This phone's software doesn't have that feature. You also cannot dial speed-dial numbers. You also cannot filter contacts into Skype contacts and SkypeOut contacts which means you'll have to scroll through your very long list of contacts to call someone on your list. It's quicker to just key in the person's phone number, if you happen to have it memorized. Not a good product.
The convenience of having an LCD screen and being able to access my contacts list is negated by the poor microphone volume quality.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.